The global SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems market reached USD 31.27 billion in 2017. The increasing demand for real-time data acquisition in various industries for managing the operational processes remotely while providing faster solution and increasing technological adoption for automating several processes is a major fueling factor for global SCADA market growth.
SCADA is a category of the software application program which controls various processes and gathers data in real time from remote locations in order to control equipment and conditions. It includes various hardware and software components which gather and feeds data into a computer which has SCADA software installed. SCADA records and logs various events which are used to warn in conditions that become hazardous by sounding alarms. The global SCADA systems market is spread in various industries such as oil and gas refineries, transportation, telecommunication to water and wastewater treatment plants. To stay cutthroat in today’s industry there is a continuous need to find new ways to operate faster and leaner, thus there is a constant pressure to increase efficiency, profitability, productivity, agility, quality while minimizing costs.
SCADA Systems Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 31.27 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.5% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Component, Application, Architecture, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the Word|
|Key Players Profiled||ABB, Emerson Electric, Siemens, Honeywell International, Omron Corporation, Schneider Electric, and others.|
Key segments of the SCADA systems market
Component Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Human Machine Interface
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Remote Terminal Unit
- SCADA Communication Systems
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Electrical Power
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverages
Architecture Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2012-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America, Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Middle East
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the SCADA systems market
- The SCADA systems have become crucial for industrial processes as they help to acquire data for smarter decisions, maintain efficiency and communicate system issues
- The growing need for industrial automation process which requires to monitor, gather and process real-time data
What does the report include?
- The study on the global SCADA systems market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain, Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis, PESTEL analysis, and price trend analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of components, application, architecture, region (and country).
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the SCADA systems industry, who want an in-depth insight into the developments in the SCADA systems market. The report will benefit:
- SCADA systems manufacturers and related raw material manufacturers, suppliers and independent consultants that are engaged in manufacturing or play a role in the supply chain
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to SCADA systems industry
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital in the industry
- Government organizations, regulatory bodies, policymakers and organizations looking for enhancing their policies and services pertaining to SCADA systems industry
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies
The growing demand for SCADA systems market is attributed to its ability to monitor, control and automate various parameters at different sites using a single connected computer; for this, the SCADA systems interact with sensors, pumps, motors, valves, and more through human-machine interface (HMI) software. The system also records events into a log file. Further, SCADA systems market trends include a rise in big data analytics, growth of open source SCADA, growing demand for cloud-based SCADA systems and adoption of mobile SCADA systems.
The global SCADA systems market has been segmented based on components, application, and architecture. Application wise, it is widely used in various industries which include oil & gas, water, and wastewater, electrical power, various manufacturing industries, transportation, telecommunication, food & beverages, chemicals & pharmaceuticals, amongst others. The SCADA systems have become crucial for industrial processes as they help to acquire data for smarter decisions, maintain efficiency and communicate system issues to help mitigate downtime.
The SCADA systems are of utmost importance in such industries. Increasing investment in generating capacity additions, transmission and distribution infrastructure such as distribution lines, transmission lines, substations, and other equipment will also increase the demand for automation products like SCADA. However, high installation and functional cost with concerns regarding data breaching may hinder the global SCADA systems market growth during the forecast period.
The leading players in the global SCADA systems market include Schneider Electric, Omron Corporation, Rockwell Automation, Siemens AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and others. The competitive landscape of the global SCADA system market players is stimulated by various business strategies and constant innovation.
The use of cloud computing and IoT for accessing data from a remote location through mobile devices is currently trending in the global SCADA systems market. The global SCADA systems market has been segmented based on components, application, and architecture.
Application wise, it segmented into industries such as oil & gas, water, and wastewater, electrical power, various manufacturing industries, transportation, telecommunication, food & beverages, chemicals & pharmaceuticals, amongst others. The telecommunication industry is estimated to account for major SCADA systems market share in the foreseeable years. However, water and wastewater application will also show promising growth in the forecast period as SCADA systems are constantly used to monitor and regulate the water flow, reservoir levels, pipe pressure in water treatment plants.
Region wise, Latin America and the Middle East will expand at a significant growth rate in the global SCADA systems market, owing to increased incorporation of SCADA systems by various industrial sectors to minimize errors and obtain real-time data as well as, growing interests of various industries in services provided by SCADA systems.
Asia Pacific will also show positive growth on the expansion of SCADA systems market due to high demand for SCADA systems by the industries in an emerging economy and the presence of leading players providing SCADA services in this region. The Chinese market also provides greater opportunities for the installation of SCADA platforms, because the State Grid Corporation of China, the country’s largest T&D operator, plans to make massive investments in the country’s T&D sector and to implement smart grid technologies.