Recovered Carbon Black (rCB) is a carbon powder carbon material that is obtained through recycling of unused tire or End of Life Tire (ELT) by pyrolysis process. The material is derived through pyrolysis of scrap tires, which comprises of non-carbonaceous materials. The carbon black obtained through pyrolysis is processed through multiple stages to remove impurities including textile and textile along with milling to harmonize the size of carbon particles. Recovered carbon black reduces carbon emission in comparison to virgin carbon black, owing to which the product is anticipated to gain significant penetration in the coming years. Recovered carbon black is used for multiple application including tires, coatings, plastic, industrial rubber good, and ink & printing.
The global recovered carbon black market is projected to expand over USD 730 million by 2025. This is attributed to the budding automobile industry along with rising demand for industrial rubber goods. In addition, rising demand for plastics, ink and coatings product which utilizes recovered carbon black as reinforcing filler is stimulating the industry growth. Increased strength, reduced carbon emission, and reliability are some of the key factors anticipated to drive the product demand in the coming years.
The rising concern to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission along with rising government focus to achieve sustainable consumption is proliferating the industry size. The regulators inclining toward adoption of electric vehicle (EV) owing to capability to operate without emitting pollutant. For instance, in 2018, Government of India announced a target to achieve 30% electric vehicle on road by 2030. This is turn will augment the demand for tire, which will drive the recovered carbon black industry.
Key segments across recovered carbon black market
- Applications Overview, 2017-2025, (Tons and USD thousand)
- Printing Ink & Toners
- End User Overview, 2017-2025, (Tons and USD thousand)
- Printing & Packaging
- Grade Overview, 2017-2025, (Tons and USD thousand)
- Standard Grade
- Specialty Grade
- Regional Overview, 2017-2025, (Tons and USD thousand)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global recovered carbon black. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how rubber tire industry investments and recovered carbon black will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global carbon black includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global carbon black. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global recovered carbon black.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global recovered carbon black industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Rising disposable income along with improving lifestyle across developing as well as developed region is boosting the product demand. The industry is poised to witness an extensive upsurge owing to the surging product demand in automobiles along with rising applications across rubber goods. Its large-scale utilization across coatings, plastics, and inks will further contribute toward industry growth. In addition, the rising concern across the globe related to effective disposal and utilization of scrap tire will provide impetus to the industry, as the manufacturing process of the product utilize tire. As a result, government is promoting the adoption of green tire which found its application across automotive, aviation and defense sectors, which in turn will complement the industry size over the forecast timeline.
Although, limited availability of manufacturing facility along with high production cost associated with the product is anticipated to hamper the industry growth. However, rising research and development activities to reduce the manufacturing cost along with ongoing support by regulators to reduce the waste generation will augment the product demand.
On the basis of applications, the market is categorized into tire, coatings, non-tire, ink & toners, plastics, and others. In 2018, the market for tire witnessed major share and is anticipated to witness upsurge at significant rate over the forecast timeline. Rising per capita income along with improving life style across emerging countries has led to escalation in demand for automobiles, which in turn is stimulating the industry outlook.
End User Segment
On the basis of end user vertical, the market is bifurcated into industrial, automotive, printing & packaging and others. In 2018, the automotive industry holds the majority share revenue and it is expected to dominate the recovered carbon black market in the coming years.
Carbon black market is segmented into standard grade and specialty grade. In 2018, the standard grade is accounted for major contributor in revenue and it is anticipated to lead the carbon black industry thorough the forecast timeline.
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to gain the significant growth in the coming years. Ongoing industrialization and urbanization along with positive economic across the region have escalated the product demand. In addition, favorable regulatory policies along with rising fund flow from foreign investors will further contribute toward industry growth.
In North America, the U.S. is anticipated to dominate region. The region is witnessing significant growth on account of the rising production and consumption of the product. The rising concerns for the proper disposal of end-of-life tires coupled with shifting focus toward low carbon emitting products is anticipated to drive the industry.
The major players operating across the global recovered carbon black market include Delta-Energy Group, Pyrolyx, Scandinavian Enviro Systems, Black Bear Carbon, AB, Radhe Group of Energy, Klean Industries, Alpha Carbone, DRON Industries, Bolder Industries, SR2O Holdings, DVA Renewable Energy, Integrated Resource Recovery, and Enrestec. In 2018, the recovered carbon black market witnessed expansion of industry players across different region, with an objective to expand their market presence. For instance, in 2018, Scandinavian Enviro Systems entered into agreement with Treadcraft Limited, a tire recycling company, to establish a recycling plant in the U.S. Industry players are coming up with inorganic growth strategies to expand their market presence.