The global FMCG packaging market size was estimated to be USD 734,054 million in 2018. The demand for FMCG packaging has been growing significantly over the past few years on account of development of the edibles market in the emerging economies.
The global FMCG packaging market is expected to progress at a CAGR of 4% from 2019 to 2025, due to increasing food consumption corresponding to the consistent population growth. Plastics are the most widely used packaging materials, which are made by polycondensation or polyaddition of monomer units. Plastics have several advantages as a packaging material such as chemical resistance, cost effectiveness and low weight. In addition, combined with a wide range of physical and optical properties such as fluidity and flexibility, plastics can be shaped into sheets, canes and other structures. However, environmental concern shall lead to cannibalization of the market share of plastics by biodegradable substitutes.
FMCG Packaging Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 734,054|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Material Type , End-use Industry, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America|
|Key Players Profiled||Ball Corporation, Amcor Limited, Graham Packaging, Aptar Group, DS Smith Plc, and Sonoco Products|
Key segments of the global FMCG packaging market
Material Type Overview, 2015-2025 (kilo tons, USD Million)
- Paper and Paperboards
End-use Industry Overview, 2015-2025 (kilo tons, USD Million)
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (kilo tons, USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South East Asia
- Rest of South East Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The study evaluates the movement and dynamics of the global FMCG packaging market across several geographies
- While studying the end-use industry, we witnessed that FMCG packaging was attaining tremendous popularity, especially through different social media platforms
- The manufacturers entering the global FMCG packaging market has been increasing over the last years, thus, making packaging business as lucrative opportunity, especially in untapped marketplaces such as Middle East & Africa
What does the report include?
- The study on the global FMCG packaging market includes qualitative assessment factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report also covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, type, and distribution channel. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global FMCG packaging market is suitable for all the players and stakeholders across the value chain including raw material suppliers, FMCG packaging manufactures, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and packaging companies
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global FMCG packaging market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global FMCG packaging market
Elevated demand from E-commerce industry to drive the FMCG packaging market
Globally, FMCG packaging procures a considerable revenue through the e-commerce segment. Rising urbanization is owing to change in customer lifestyle preferences, creates demands for the use of home delivery services for food industry. Additionally, the increasing demand for ready to eat or frozen foods is also expected to drive the market for the FMCG packaging. Such products are being increasingly available through online channels. Moreover, rising income and increase in standard of living are expected to drive the market growth. This is particularly witnessed in Asia Pacific market.
Key Factors Impacting the FMCG Packaging Market
Increasing demand for FMCG Packaging in health and wellbeing industry
Several manufacturers such as P&G offer a variety of healthcare products in attractive and convenient packaging. Nowadays, various health concerns varying from person to person are raised that require an additional sets of products from the healthcare industry. Companies such as Himalayan Group of Industries, is a major packaging solutions provider which has a production of 1.5 million bottles per day.
The Global FMCG packaging market trends are heavily influenced by the usage of paperboard in food industry. The major share of paperboard is utilized by the food & beverage industry. The e-commerce giants are trying to replace plastic with other materials. For instance, governmental norms for reducing the use of plastics by several countries is expected to drive the use of paperboard in the FMCG packaging market
Moreover, the use of metals in packaging by food industry in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the market growth, as some food items require robust packaging & for ensuring better shelf life. Furthermore, the use of glass containers by the food & beverage industry is again picking pace as glass is recyclable material & it has almost zero rate of chemical reactions. However, volatility in raw material prices can hamper the market growth.
In Europe, rising demand for rising demand for flexible packaging is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. This includes the use of standup pouches that provide more portability, and shelf life as well. Moreover, the increasing number of working people utilizing online orders as a part of daily life is expected to drive the market growth. Additionally, rising economic growth is also an essential aspect of this industry.
Europe FMCG Packaging Size, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons, USD Mn)
In the United States, and other developing countries the use of drones for delivery purposes will increase the demand for more robust packaging. In Asia Pacific, the increasing population & demand for food is expected to drive the demand for FMCG packaging.