The market size for e-waste management is anticipated to reach at USD 40 billion by 2025. The decreased life spans of electronic, electrical, and consumer electronic equipment are producing massive e-waste, which is increasing rapidly each year. The rise of the e-waste industry is augmented by the growth in requirements for upgraded and advanced technologies. Thus, a desire towards the implementation of technology developed devices gives rise to the production of millions of tons of electronic waste throughout the regions.
With rapid industrialization and urbanization in the developing as well as developed nations, the adoption of advanced technologies is achieving momentum. Technologies including artificial intelligence, the internet of things, and machine learning, are leading to the use of electronic devices and equipment in basically each human activity. Thus, the propagation of the use of electronic devices is projected to have a substantial amount of electronic waste production, thereby fueling industry growth.
Key Segments of the Global E-Waste Management Market
Processed Material Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Source Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Industrial Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
- Household Appliances
- Handheld Electronics
- IT Accessories & Equipment
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global e-waste management market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global e-waste management market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the e-waste management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on processed material type, source type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global e-waste management market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the e-waste management market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global e-waste management market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global e-waste management market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The rise in the government initiatives along with the e-waste collection zone throughout the world is the key factors anticipated to enhance the electronic waste management scenario in the next five to seven years. For example, the Ministry of Environment, Forest, & Climate Change in India has regulated electronic device manufacturers to reduce and recycle the e-waste within the nation that is generated by the disposal of electronic devices after use. On the other hand, a decrease in the life span of electronic equipment to generate huge waste after its disposal. Growing health hazards including kidney damage, Wilson’s disease, and bronchitis, owing to the insufficient discharge of toxic substances from the electronic incineration and scrap, are increasing the requirement for effective scrap management solutions. Moreover, the presence of valuable metals such as platinum, gallium, gold, and silver makes electronic scrap recycling a practical and attractive opportunity.
Processed Material Type Segment
The global e-waste management market contains metal, plastic, glass, other segments. The metal segment of the e-waste management component has a maximum revenue share within the e-waste management market in 2019. The electrical and electronic product encompasses components that use metal shoulders, metal tracks, and conductive metals. Metals are fundamentally used in all individual components, micro-controller, and printed circuit boards (PCBs), due to which the segment is projected to hold its dominance over the forecast period.
Source Type Segment
Based on the source type segment, the market is segmented into industrial electronics, consumer electronics, and others. The market for consumer electronics to possess the largest market share in 2019 and is anticipated to hold its position up to 2025. Extensive adoption of the electronic devices such as handheld electronic devices, household appliances, IT equipment, IT accessories, and PCBs in the commercial as well as residential sectors are the key factors boosting the demand for the segment
Based on the application, the market is segmented into the disposal, and recycle. The disposal segment is witnessed to hold a considerable market share for the e-waste management market in 2019. The disposal of electronic waste is undertaken in three processes namely landfilling, incineration, and reusing. However, both incineration and landfilling are witnessed to harm the human as well as environmental health to a great extent.
The Asia Pacific holds the title of one of the leading e-waste management market share regions with a significant growth rate over the forecast period. Growing disposable income in the evolving, as well as developed nations backed with the rising adoption of electronic devices, are the key factors for the industry growth. Moreover, developed nations such as the U.K., U.S., and Canada export a substantial amount of electronic waste produced by them to the Asia Pacific nations, which is anticipated to augur well for the regional industry over the forecast period.
The major players of the global e-waste management market are Electronic Recyclers International, Enviro-Hub Holdings, Aurubis AG, MRI (Australia), Sims Recycling, Boliden AB, Umicore S.A., Stena Metall AB, MBA Polymers, Tetronics, and more. The e-waste management market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.