The global automotive infotainment market revenue was USD 17.02 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow significantly in the forecast period. Factors such as growing automotive industry coupled with the increased demand of tethered connectivity and smartphone integration are expected to significantly impact the growth of automotive infotainment market.
Automotive infotainment basically allows the passengers in the car to access music, navigation, and range of applications with the help of control units and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI). This helps customer to stay connected to the outside world while being entertained in the car. These systems have the ability to connect with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, USB drives and others for smoother customer experience. Hence, the global automotive infotainment market will be prominently fueled by the advancement in wireless communication technologies.
Automotive market is getting highly saturated with large number of manufacturers, each contesting for the market share in a highly competitive environment. Hence, infotainment is the key differentiator on which the market players can lean on. Going forward, the OEMs will come up with innovative software and hardware solutions which will deliver unique experiences and thus, will have a positive influence on the overall automotive infotainment market.
Based on the vehicle type, the global automotive infotainment market is segmented into passenger car and commercial vehicle. In 2017, passenger cars had higher market share than the commercial vehicles, owing to the rise in demand for personalized car solutions. Also, in the forecast period, the market for passenger cars is expected to grow at the highest growth rate of 14.6%. Earlier, automotive infotainment features were predominantly available only in the luxury cars, but major car manufacturers have started coming up with built-in infotainment services to gain competitive edge over the others. Hence, due to this reasons, the global automotive infotainment market is about to witness a tremendous growth in next eight years.
According to the operating system used, the global automotive infotainment market is bifurcated into QNX, Microsoft, Linux and others. Among these operating systems, QNX contributed the most to the global automotive infotainment market in 2017 and will dominate the market in the coming years due to its flexibility and support to the wide range of infotainment applications. QNX which is owned by BlackBerry, has products ranging from car operating systems and digital media to automobile cybersecurity. Microsoft was the second largest contributor to the global automotive infotainment market followed by Linux and others in 2017.
Geographically, the global automotive infotainment market is divided into four regions- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world. North America region had the highest market share in 2017 due to its technological advancement and high spending capacity of the consumers. Whereas, in the Asia-Pacific region the automotive infotainment market is expected to grow with the highest CAGR owing to the rapid growth of automobile sector in this region. Also, major car manufacturers in this region have started to introduce infotainment services in the basic car models making it affordable to the majority of the consumers in the developing countries such as India and China.
The major players in the global automotive infotainment market include Continental AG, Pioneer Corporation, Garmin Ltd., Kenwood Corporation, Harman International Industries, Inc., Alpine Electronics, Aptiv PLC, Panasonic Corporation, General Motors Company, Volkswagen AG, Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Ford Motor Company and others. Prominent players have always been focusing on innovation in terms of quality, technology and price to gain a competitive advantage in the automotive infotainment market. For instance, Mercedes Benz introduced its new A-class model at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), 2018, which was incorporated with smart multimedia system which is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Automotive Infotainment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 46.99 billion|
|Segment Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the world|
|Key Players Profiled||Continental AG, Pioneer Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies, Garmin Ltd., Kenwood Corporation, Harman International Industries, Inc.|
Key segments of the global automotive infotainment market
Vehicle Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Passenger cars
- Commercial vehicles
Operating System Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the world
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global automotive infotainment industry.
- Rapid growth in technological advancements have led to the rise of new communication technologies which are dynamic and provides the customer with a meaningful proposition.
- While studying the automotive infotainment market, we observed that the demand for its products was tremendous in developing countries
- All the major players have their presence across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step are offering innovative services to meet the market demand.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global automotive infotainment market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and value chain analysis.
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of vehicle type, operating system and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global automotive infotainment market is suitable for all the players across the value chain
- Executives of any IT, Telecom and electronics companies
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions in the field of wireless communications
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies