The Animal Prosthetics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4 % to reach US$ 164.9 Million in 2032.
Prosthetics are device which can be attached to the body to provide balance support for missing or congenitally deformed limbs with the intension of preserving or restoring normal ambulation. The demand for animal prosthetics is rising rapidly, in line with the increase in pet ownership across the globe and rising in injuries caused to animals. These devices provide support for dysfunctional joints, stabilization or fixation when needed or potentially replace missing anatomy to provide more normal function. However, high cost of orthotics and prosthetics will hinder the growth of the market in the next few years.
The aim of the report is to estimate the market size for animal prosthetics and the future growth potential of the market for animal prosthetics across various segments, such as product and end-users.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 and 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2019 and forecast from 2020 to 2028. Factors such as rising pet population across the globe, growing prevalence of obesity among pets, increase in expenditure on companion care are the key drivers of the animal prosthetics market.
By product, prosthetics held substantial share of the global animal prosthetics market. Higher adoption of prosthetics for animals in developed regions, along with availability of customized veterinary orthotic and prosthetic devices is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
U.S. grabbed majority share of the animal prosthetics market in North America. The dominant share of the market is attributable to high prevalence of obesity among animals. According to American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), around 40% to 50% of the total dogs were overweight and 25% of dogs were obese in the country in 2017. Direct association of obesity with osteoarthritis in animals is likely to augment the demand for prosthetics. High expenditure on companion animals, greater availability of therapeutic options for animals and greater awareness in the region are other factors anticipated to drive growth of the market. Asia Pacific provides huge growth potential prospects over the forecast period due to rising adoption of companion animals along with increase in awareness regarding animal prosthetics in developing countries such as China and India.
Animal Prosthetics Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2032||US$ 164.9 Million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.4 % during 2022-2032|
|Segment Covered||By Product Type, By Animal Type, By Technique, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||OrthoPets LLC.; Animal Ortho Care; Handicapped Pets; My Pet's Brace; K-9 Orthotics & Prosthetics, Inc.; DePuy Synthes; Petsthetics; Doggon Wheels; Best Friend Mobility; Movora|
Key Segments of the Global Animal Prosthetics Market
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Animal Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Companion Animal
- Livestock Animal
End-user Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Prosthetics Clinics
- Veterinary Rehab Centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Important Companies in Global Animal Prosthetics Market
- Animal Ortho Care
- K-9 Orthotics & Prosthetics Inc.
- GPC Medical Ltd.
- B. Braun Vet Care GmbH
- MWI Veterinary Supply Co.
- Appletree Orthotic Services Ltd.
- Rita Leibinger GmbH & Co.
- Petsthetics, LLC
Reasons for the study
- Rise in pet ownership and increased spending on pet care
- Increase in prevalence of obesity among pets
What does the report include?
- The study on the global animal prosthetics market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, animal type, and end-user. Moreover, the study on animal prosthetics market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global animal prosthetics market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, veterinary hospitals, veterinary rehab centers, veterinary prosthetic clinics, medical device manufacturers, healthcare organizations, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global animal prosthetics market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global animal prosthetics market