The global water-based adhesives market is anticipated to reach a value of around USD 30.1 billion by 2028. Adhesive that is based on water Because of the increased demand for printing inks and flexible packaging, the market size is expected to expand rapidly throughout the anticipated timeframe. The rise in environmental and safety concerns has fueled expansion even further, as water-based glue has a low VOC content. It's commonly utilized in the automobile, construction, packaging, paper, and furniture sectors, among others.
Any substance capable of binding material together through surface connection is referred to as glue. Water-based adhesive, which comprises a carrier fluid and additives to lower viscosity, may be applied to a variety of substances at varied thicknesses. Increased application in the aerospace, consumer goods, electrical, food packaging, and construction industries is driving market expansion.
Water-based adhesives are made from natural polymers obtained from vegetable, protein, and animal sources, as well as soluble synthetic polymers such as cellulose ethers, methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, and polyvinylpyrrolidone. Water-based glue is available as a dry powder or as a pre-mixed solution in which water is blended by distributors.
Water-based Adhesives Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 18.7 billion|
|Segment Covered||Resin Type, Application|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||DIC, Dow Corning, Evonik, Huber Group, Illinois Tool Works, 3M Company, LLC, and Franklin International|
Key Segments of the Global Water-based Adhesives Market
Resin Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- PVA Emulsion
- VAE Emulsion
- SB Latex
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Tapes & Labels
- Paper & Packaging
- Wood Working
- Building & Construction
- Automotive & Transportation
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global water-based adhesives market.
- Water-based Adhesives is widely used for various end uses, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing personal care uses, there is a rise in the demand for water-based adhesives which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global water-based adhesives market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the water-based adhesives industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Resin Type and End Use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global water-based adhesives market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the water-based adhesives market.
- Managers within the water-based adhesives industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global water-based adhesives market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global water-based adhesives market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies
Starch adhesives are not temperature sensitive and may be utilized in both hot and cold conditions. It is normally sold as a tasteless, odorless powder that must be combined with water before usage. Starch glue powder is made out of natural polymers extracted mostly from wheat, maize, potatoes, or rice. In the paper industry, they are used for corrugated boxes, envelopes, paper towels, wallpaper, and paper bags. Water-based adhesive market development may be boosted by durability and ease of installation, as well as the lack of dangerous materials such as lead.
Animal glue is manufactured from collagen found in mammals or fish, and casein glue is manufactured from the protein found in animal milk. They can have a variety of physical, mechanical, and chemical qualities depending on their origin and manner of synthesis. Collagen-based animal glue is utilized in the furniture business, pipe organ building, art conservation, and piano repair. Casein glue is also utilized in the furniture industry and is preferable than animal glue due to its increased moisture resistance and aging properties.
Water-based adhesives are prepared using the polymers polyvinyl acetate (PVA) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA). Fluid is combined with polymers to create a resin adhesive, which is an exceptionally strong and long-lasting glue that adheres and bonds effectively to a variety of substrates. It is mostly utilized in the manufacture of glass, ceramics, plastics, metals, and stones.
Resin Type Segment
During the projected period, the acrylic polymer emulsion segment is expected to account for the greatest market share. Acrylic polymer emulsion is a non-toxic adhesive that delivers a suitable balance of shear, tack, and peel strength of the bond. It is commonly used in bookbinding, paper bags, cartons, labels, foils, films, paperboard decals, wood assembly, vehicle upholstery, and leather binding. Acrylic polymer emulsion is also utilized in the automobile sector to bind backing material because it helps to minimize vibrations in car body panels.
The tapes & labels segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing application of water-based adhesive during the forecast period.
Water-based adhesives are in great demand in the tapes and labels industry due to their usage in medium and heavy-duty carton sealing, gift wrapping & decorating, general purpose repair, bundling & strapping, and stationery. Tapes and labels are mostly employed in the packaging of electronic and electrical equipment, hygiene and medical packaging, medicine delivery system packaging, building material transit packaging, automotive and logistics packaging, and consumer and industrial products packaging. As a result, the packaging adhesive tapes market is expanding, which is fueling demand for water-based adhesives.
The APAC water-based adhesive market is segmented into China, Japan, India, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Rest of APAC. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the fastest-growing consumer markets of China, India, and other APAC countries had a combined population exceeding 4 billion (as of 2016). This large population is projected to become an increasingly important driver for industries such as paper & packaging, woodworking, building & construction, and automotive & transportation over the next two decades. Water-based adhesives have major applications in these industries, which is expected to result in the growth of the market in APAC.
Major players operating in the water-based adhesive market include Henkel (Germany), H.B. Fuller (US), Arkema (Bostik) (France), and Sika (Switzerland).
With its extensive portfolio of water-based adhesive solutions, Henkel retains the global leadership position in the water-based adhesive industry. The firm meets the needs of the automotive and transportation industries, as well as the building and construction, carpentry, electronics, and energy and utilities industries. It prioritizes organic and inorganic expansion in order to enhance its manufacturing capacity, sales, and market share. In June 2016, for example, the business opened the Henkel Adhesives Innovation Center (HAIC) in Shanghai, China. This advancement aided the corporation in expanding its adhesive R&D capabilities and providing new market-driven solutions to APAC local clients.