Performing and successfully completing an ultrasound examination requires multitude of skills that include the medical knowledge, the technical dexterity, and the know-how to navigate the various knobs of the ultrasound equipment. Today’s ultrasound machines are complex and quite advanced in electronics and in post-processing capabilities. Being able to optimize the ultrasound image is much dependent on the understanding of the basic functionality of the ultrasound equipment
The global Ultrasound Transducer market is expected to develop USD 502.14 million by 2029, at a compound annual increase in price (CAGR) of 3.9% throughout the forecast period.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for ultrasound transducer and the future growth potential of the market for ultrasound transducer across various segments, such as product type, application and end user.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as rising demand of minimally invasive therapies and increasing prevalence of cardiovascular, respiratory, and abdominal disorders are the key drivers of the global ultrasound transducer market.
Ultrasound transducers are made of a transducer head, a connecting wire or cable and a connector, or a device that connects the transducer to the ultrasound machine. The transducer head has a footprint region where the sound waves leave and return to the transducer. It is this footprint region of the transducer that needs to remain in contact with the body in order to transmit and receive ultrasound waves. A gel is applied to the skin/mucosa surface of the body to facilitate transmission of ultrasound waves given that sound waves do not transmit well in air. Each transducer also has a transducer (probe) marker located next to the head of the transducer in order to help identify its orientation. This probe marker can be a notch, a dot or a light on the probe’s head.
Transducers are produced in an array of shapes, sizes and frequencies and are adapted for specific clinical applications. In general, transducers for cardiac applications have small footprints. Vascular transducers have high frequencies and are linear in shape and obstetric and abdominal transducers are curvilinear in footprint shape in order to conform to the shape of the abdomen.
Ultrasound Transducer Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|USD 502.14 million
|CAGR of 3.9% during 2019-2029
|By Type, Applications, End- Users, Product Type, Channel, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|GENERAL ELECTRIC (U.S.), Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), Siemens (Germany), FUJIFILM Corporation (Japan), Samsung healthcare (South Korea), Hitachi Ltd. (Japan), ESAOTE SPA (Italy), Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd. (China), FUKUDA DENSHI (Japan), Hologic, Inc. (U.S.), Analogic Corporation (U.S.), TOSHIBA CORPORATION (Japan), Trivitron Healthcare (India)
Key Segments of the Global Ultrasound Transducer Market
Product Type Overview (USD Million)
- Phased Array
- CW Doppler
Application Overview, (USD Million)
- General Imaging
End User Overview, (USD Million)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Center
Regional Overview, (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Ultrasound Transducer Market
- E Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- FUJIFILM SonoSite
- Samsung Medison, Hitachi
- Shenzhen Ruqi Technology
Reason for the study
- Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular, respiratory, and abdominal disorders
- Rising demand of minimally invasive therapies
What does the report include?
- The study on the global ultrasound transducer market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product type, application and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global ultrasound transducer market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global ultrasound transducer market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global ultrasound transducer market