Tobacco packaging protects and enhances the flavour and quality of the tobacco from spoilage and deterioration during transportation. Paper-boxes, paperboards, plastic based films, laminates, jute bags, metal cans, foils, are the most widely used tobacco packaging materials in the market. Bulk and commercial packaging of tobacco includes various types of packaging such as shells, hinge-lid containers, bundle wraps, slides and several types of flexible packaging material such as shrink sleeves, flip top packs, stand-up pouches, and three-sided seal bags. With the rise in the demand for tobacco products the market for tobacco packaging market is projected to grow over the forecast period.
In the recent years, Tobacco packaging have witnessed a significant penetration owing to the growing demand and consumption of cigarettes all over the world. Growing young population, and stressful lifestyle have accelerated the consumption of cigarettes and other tobacco products during the past few years. Additionally, growing influence of western culture and social media, and tobacco products promotion by movie and TV stars is expected to fuel the tobacco consumption and directly impact the tobacco packaging market over the forecast period. Increased popularity of cigarettes and growing urbanization among the youth are the crucial factors driving the growth of the tobacco packaging market.
The rise in production through the expansion of manufacturing capacities has led to a proliferation in the industry. The onset of hectic schedule and increased workload, are major reasons boosting the intake of tobacco among the professionals and working population. Tobacco contains nicotine which acts as an anti-depressant and a stimulant and helps the professionals to cope with the daily challenges. Additionally, nicotine has addictive properties and can make users tobacco dependent, due to which there is a spike in the cigarette sales and has impacted the tobacco packaging market in a positive way, fuelling the market growth in the coming years.
Key segments across Tobacco Packaging Market
- Product Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- Material Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- Paper Boxes
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global tobacco packaging market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how tobacco packaging market will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global tobacco packaging market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product and material. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global tobacco packaging market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global tobacco packaging market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for investment trends in global tobacco packaging market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Growing urban population coupled with product uniqueness such as the introduction of demi-slim and super-slim cigarettes for women, RYOC (Roll-Your-Own-Cigarettes), miniature, additive free, mint and other flavoured cigarettes are further boosting the demand for tobacco, and simultaneously driving the tobacco packaging market. Additionally, several design innovations such as slide opening packs, curved edge packs, and limited-edition packs which are launched to attract and appeal the interests of the customers are further estimated to drive the global tobacco packaging market significantly over the forecast period.
Rising consumption of cigarettes among the female population is expected to drive the market for tobacco packaging over the forecast period. Growing workload, stress and responsibilities majorly in urban areas is also fuelling the market growth for cigarettes, which is directly driving the tobacco packaging market. Additionally, use of anti-depressants such as cigarettes to get rid of stress, will drive the market growth in the coming years.
On the basis of product segment, the market is categorized into Bulk, Primary, and Secondary. Secondary packaging segment is expected to dominate the global Tobacco packaging market for the forecast period 2018-2025. Growing consumption of cigarettes during social gatherings, demand for innovative cigarette boxes have driven the secondary tobacco packaging segment. Secondary packing protects not only the tobacco products but also the original packing. Such packaging are used while transportation, wholesale, and storage, thereby driving the segment growth.
On the end user basis, the market is bifurcated into paper boxes, metal, and others. According to a survey done by the WHO, there are more than 1.1 billion cigarette smokers in the world, mainly living in developing and middle-income nations. Furthermore, manufacturers are trying to add various flavours such as cloves to the cigarettes, which can be consumed by people who are sick. To reduce the diseases related to tobacco, manufacturers are mixing green tea leaves to make herbal cigarettes. Such developments are expected to grow the market demand and increase tobacco consumption, further fuelling the market demand over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific region is analysed to hold a major regional share for the global tobacco packaging market. Rising population, suburban migration along with growing middle-class income has led to an upsurge in the demand for cigarettes over the forecast period. Growing disposable income has led to the young to spend on luxuries such as cigarettes, good food, parties, alcohol, and other non-essential items owing to which there is a boost in the consumption of cigarettes driving the packaging industry in the coming years.
Major players operating across the tobacco packaging market comprise of Amcor Ltd., Innovia Films, ITC, WestRock, Mondi Group, British American Tobacco, Sonoco, Novelis, Philip Morris International Inc., and Reynolds American Corporation. These industry players are adopting inorganic growth strategies including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures along with organic strategies such as regional expansion and product launches to strengthen their market presence.