The global Ski Gear and Equipment market is projected to reach US$ 2.26 Billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 3.2%
The global ski gear and equipment market was valued at USD 1,261.9 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period. Increased ski infrastructure, increased helmet usage, and an increase in the number of programmes to increase skiing participation are expected to drive up demand for ski gear. Skiing as a recreational activity attracts a larger number of individuals than professional skiers.
The global ski gear and equipment market is categorized based on product type, and distribution channel. Region wise, Europe was the largest market in 2020; and is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2028, with a CAGR of over 4%.
Key players serving the global ski gear and equipment market include Anta International Limited (Amer Sports Oyj), Fischer Beteiligungsverwaltungs GmbH, Skis Rossignol SA, Coalition Snow, Alpina DOO, Kohlberg & Company LLC, Clarus Corporation, and Vista Outdoor Inc. among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global ski gear and equipment market
Product Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Skis and Poles
- Ski Boots
- Ski Protective Gear and Accessories
Distribution Channel Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Offline Retail Stores
- Online Retail Stores
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Ski Gear and Equipment industry
- The overall segmentation of ski gear and equipment market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of ski gear and equipment market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global ski gear and equipment market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global ski gear and equipment market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Ski Gear and Equipment providers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global ski gear and equipment market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global ski gear and equipment market
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Increased government attempts to encourage participation in outdoor activities such as skiing and other snow sports, as well as an increase in the number of ski resorts, are some of the key reasons driving worldwide ski gear and equipment sales. People's awareness of the usage of helmets and other ski equipment continues to rise as a result of growing worries about the injuries caused by skiing, which is projected to drive market growth throughout the forecast period. In the near future, these tendencies of expanding snow sports infrastructure are expected to enhance the spectrum of ski equipment and gear goods. Due to the number of women participating in numerous activities, including snow sports like skiing, has increased in recent years, suppliers are offering ski clothing and equipment designed exclusively for women.
The global ski gear and equipment market has been segmented based on product type, & distribution channel. During the last several years, the worldwide ski gear and equipment market has been steadily increasing. The corona virus pandemic, on the other hand, has had a massive impact on global supply chains. Due to interrupted supply chains and production schedules, ski gear and equipment manufacturers suffered significant losses in the first and second quarters of 2020. Due to a lack of site access, a disrupted supply chain, and a staffing shortage, COVID-19 has caused ski gear and equipment manufacturers to halt manufacturing, order fulfilment, and operations. People are not investing money in leisure activities and striving to improve their savings as a result of COVID-19. There is an enhanced vigilance worldwide against consumption and expenditure as a result of COVID-19. Travel restrictions enforced by governments throughout the world to combat COVID-19 have also halted all winter leisure and adventure activities, affecting the ski gear and equipment sector severely.
Based on regions, the global ski gear and equipment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, CSA and MEA. For many years, Europe has been the world's top ski destination, with resorts strewn over the Alps and Pyrenees winning acclaim. However, the rest of the globe has ramped up the heat on Europe, and the United States now has the highest number of skier visits every season of any single country. The best skiing conditions may be found in North America, Europe's northern regions, and Asia-Pacific. The U.S., Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Japan, & Germany are just a few of the main nations that organize skiing as a sport. As a result, these countries may have a need for ski wear and equipment. The demand for ski gear & equipment is expected to skyrocket in the next years. The Asia-Pacific area is expected to see a surge in demand for ski equipment as China prepares to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.