The robot operating system is a framework that comprises a collection of various software and leverages the OS concept. These software frameworks further help in constructing and developing robotics systems. In addition, it encompasses programming codes and tools which further help projectors in developing and programming code and takes suitable actions. Moreover, it leverages working frameworks UI, programming utilities, process administration framework, and document framework.
The global robot operating system market size is projected to reach USD 530 million by 2025. This can be attributed to the growing integration of collaborative robots across numerous industry verticals. In addition, the growing adoption of automation technologies and significantly growing investments are also boosting global robot operating system market growth.
However, the high initial installation costs are likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for robotics services model is anticipated to be opportunistic for the market.
Key Segments of the Global Robot Operating System Market
Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- SCARA Robots
- Collaborative Robots
- Parallel Robots
- Articulated Robots
- Cartesian Robots
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Testing and Quality Inspection
- Pick and Place
- Information Communication and Technology
- Blow Molding and Plastic Injection
Industry Vertical Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Food and Packaging
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global robot operating system market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global robot operating system market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the robot operating system industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, application, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global robot operating system market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the robot operating system market.
- Managers within the robot operating system industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global robot operating system market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global robot operating system market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The robot operating system is a consolidated market as few players are dominating the global market. The major players are expanding their business by partnering and collaborating with other new market players. Also, some of the market giants are launching new products and solutions to strengthen their market position in the global market. For instance, in April 2019, Microsoft announced the launch of an autonomous robot building platform. Moreover, the growing investment by various governments in robotic operating systems for security and surveillance purpose is also driving the market growth.
Based on the type segment, the market is divided into SCARA robots and collaborative robots, parallel robots, articulated robots, and Cartesian robots. In the year 2019, the SCARA robots segment accounted for the highest market revenue and it is projected to hold the major market share over the forecast period. On the contrary, the collaborative robots segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily accredited to the benefits associated with collaboration robots as they can be incorporated with numerous systems and sensors.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into testing and quality inspection, packaging, pick and place, information communication and technology, blow molding and plastic injection, and others. The testing and quality inspection segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is projected to hold its position during the forecast years. On the contrary, the information communication and technology segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period. The market growth in this segment is primarily attributed to the growing adoption of automation and advanced operating technologies across various industries.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of industry vertical segment, the market is segmented into automotive, chemicals, healthcare, food and packaging, manufacturing, and others. The automotive segment accounted for the major market share in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly accredited to the increasing deployment of robotic operating systems in connected cars and other vehicles. However, the manufacturing segment is projected to accumulate major growth in forthcoming years due to the growing adoption of robotic arms and related technologies for manufacturing processes.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is mainly attributed to the increasing investment by numerous industries in this technology due to its wide applications. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to accumulate the highest growth during the forecast period due to the increasing demand for automation and digital technologies among the developing countries in this region.
The major players of the global robot operating system market are Microsoft, Stanley Innovation, ABB, Yaskawa Electric, Omron, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, KUKA AG, FANUC, and Clearpath Robots. Moreover, the other prospective players in the robot operating system market are Cyberbotics, Husarion, and Universal Robotics. The robot operating system market comprises well established local as well as global players. In addition, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic solutions & services to stay competitive in the global market.