Process Automation and Instrumentation (SDP) recreates a computerized model of the system of human thoughts. This is a self-learning technology that uses gestures, analytical thinking, data gathering, and NLP to function like a human brain. Industries use Big Data Analytics process automation and instrumentation to get a better and more effective output. Automation and instrumentation complement each other since devices are to use that for automation purposes. The need for improved efficiency through sectors has motivated enterprises to adopt automation to achieve a competitive edge over other competing companies. High-risk conditions of work that require unique and fair treatment result in unnecessary human labor. Thus lower labor costs are estimated to play a crucial role throughout the forecast period in enhancing the global demand for automation instrumentation products. Rising labor costs have driven businesses to implement automation to streamline their production processes and increase their dependency on costly human labor.
The global process automation and instrumentation market revenue is projected to reach close to USD 98.6 Billion by 2028. This can be attributed to the growing demand for energy-efficient production processes. Besides, the increase in the rising concerns related to functional safety and security is expected to also boost global process automation and instrumentation market growth.
However, high investment for implementation and significant maintenance costs of process automation and instrumentation solutions acts as a potential restraint for the overall market at a global level. Furthermore, technological advancements in the field of process automation and instrumentation are expected to create potential growth opportunities for process automation and instrumentation vendors.
Key Segments of the Global Process Automation and Instrumentation Market
Instrument Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Field Instrument
- Control Valve
- Analytical Instrument
Solution Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Human Machine Interaction (HMI)
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Safety Automation
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
Industry Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Oil and Gas
- Food and Beverage
- Pharmaceutical and Bio-pharma
- Chemical and Petrochemical
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global process automation and instrumentation market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global process automation and instrumentation market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the process automation and instrumentation industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on instrument, solution, and industry. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global process automation and instrumentation market. The report will benefit every stakeholder involved in the process automation and instrumentation market.
- Managers within the process automation and instrumentation industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global process automation and instrumentation market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global process automation and instrumentation market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Semiconductor Manufacturer and software vendors are playing a key role in the growth of process automation and instrumentation market. Process automation includes using software, hardware, and computing technologies to provide for the safer and more effective operation of end-use industries such as cement, oil & gas, chemicals, paper, and others. Using sensors, that collect the data on flows, pressures, and temperatures among other things, the data is contained and analyzed on a computer. Collaboration between developers of semi-conductor industrial software, device manufacturers, and manufacturers of industrial automation equipment is crucial for the growth of the entire market for process automation and instrumentation.
In terms of instrument, the market is segmented into a field instrument, control valve, and analytical instrument. The control valve segment is estimated to accrue significant market growth over the forecast period. However, in 2019, the control valve segment gathered major growth and it is likely to keep its leading position throughout the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is primarily ascribed to the oil & gas industry since it is amongst the most promising industries for bringing control valves into different systems and thus anticipated to drive the process automation and instrumentation market eventually.
Based on the solution, the market is segmented into Advanced Process Control (APC), Distributed Control System (DCS), Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Safety Automation, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). The manufacturing execution system (MES) segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is anticipated to hold its position during the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the global demand for fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), which has witnessed an exponential rise at a substantial pace and is projected to induce opportunities in the manufacturing execution system market.
In terms of the industry segment, the market is segmented into oil and gas, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and bio-pharma, chemical and petrochemical, and others. In 2019, the oil and gas segment accumulated major market share and it is expected to do so over the forecast years.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position during the forecast years 2020-2028. The market growth in this region is mostly ascribed to the growing need for improved productivity and increased demand in this region. Market growth is anticipated during the forecast period due to factors such as increasing investment in infrastructure, and the drive for greater reliability of power by policymakers; augmented demand of oil & gas and food & beverage due to increasing population needs, industrial development, and steady growth in US industrial production, along with favorable government policies. Even in North America, the process automation and instrumentation market for the pharmaceutical industry is growing due to cost factors and changing regulatory environment.
The major players of the global process automation and instrumentation market are Siemens, Yokogawa, Endress+Hauser, Emerson, General Electric, ABB Ltd, HOLLYSYS, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Mitsubishi Electric, Rockwell Automation. The process automation and instrumentation market consist of well-established global as well as local players.