The global Prenatal Diagnostics market worth USD 13.16 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 18.1%
The drive of prenatal diagnosis is to lessen both the occurrence and frequency of inherited disorders, which have a sturdy influence on both the emotional and financial aspects of publics’ lives, whether the ill ones or their parents, plus being an economic drain for nationwide health systems. Technical inventions through the eras have now made it promising to identify smaller genetic abnormalities, up to several single gene conditions. The non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) is the most recent innovation in the arena of prenatal analysis directed at helping together physicians, in the management of gestation and its counselling, and prospect parents in developing mindful and informed selections concerning their unborn kid.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for prenatal diagnostics and the future growth potential of the market for prenatal diagnostics across various segments, such as test type.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as high risk of chromosomal abnormalities with increasing maternal age, increasing awareness about prenatal testing and growing the disposable income are the key drivers of the global prenatal diagnostics market.
As certain technologies advance, it is arguably inevitable that others will fall by the wayside. Respiratory distress syndrome remains a significant global cause of neonatal morbidity and mortality; however, the testing of lung surfactant in amniotic fluid to predict risk of the syndrome has been removed from most clinical recommendations. Again, the effects of preterm birth can be lifelong, with many preterm infants going on to develop an aged phenotype, exhibiting adverse metabolic health through to adulthood.
The most recent development in prenatal diagnostics is noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT) based on high-throughput methods for analyzing free placental DNA of the fetus situated in the serum of maternal blood. Another technique next-generation sequencing (NGS) is expected to provide higher resolutions at lower prices, thus providing a replacement to prenatal chromosome analysis and become available as a screening test for all pregnant women. This will require the medical geneticists and the gynecologists to become familiar with this technique so they can provide accurate genetic counseling that will help patients to make informed decisions. The increase in resolution may identify both maternal and fetal aberrations that may not be always interpretable. This will require an informed consent including ‘the right not to know.
Prenatal Diagnostics Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 13.16 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 18.1% during 2018-2028|
|Segment Covered||by Product and Solution, Method, Application, End-user, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), PerkinElmer, Inc. (U.S.), Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Beijing Genomics Institute (China), Eurofins LifeCodexx AG (Germany), NATERA, INC. (U.S.), Igenomix SL (Spain), Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (U.S.), F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), GE Healthcare (U.S.), and Yourgene Health (U.K.).|
Key Segments of the Global Prenatal Diagnostics Market
Test Type Overview (USD Billion)
- MaterniT21 PLUS
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Quest Diagnostics
- Illumina, Inc.
- Ariosa Diagnostics
- Natera, Inc.
- Eurofins NTD Inc.
- Counsyl, Inc.
Reason for the study
- High risk of chromosomal abnormalities with increasing maternal age
- Increasing awareness about prenatal testing in developing and developed countries
What does the report include?
- The study on the global prenatal diagnostics market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of test type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global prenatal diagnostics market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global prenatal diagnostics market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global prenatal diagnostics market