Online recruitment refers to using company websites, online advertisements, job listings, social media and other means on the internet to find and hire suitable employees for a particular business. Online recruitment is considered to be a revolution spreading all over the world for job hunters and employers. The market grew as e-recruitment is considered to be the latest system that is increasing the efficiency in the hiring process.
The global online recruitment is expected to reach USD 39.76 billion by 2025 at the CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by major outsourcing of employee hiring processes through e-recruitment platform partners. Also, digital transformation and the fourth industrial revolution has created a new wave of job opportunities which is positively impacting the online recruitment market.
The key online recruitment vendors operating in the market are LinkedIn, Recruit, CareerBuilder, Monster, SEEK, Naukri, StepStone, Dice Holdings, and 58.com among others. The companies are leveraging both organic and inorganic growth strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
Online Recruitment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 24.52 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.1% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||LinkedIn, Recruit, CareerBuilder, Monster, SEEK, Naukri, StepStone, Dice Holdings, and 58.com among others|
Key Segments of the Global Online Recruitment Market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Other Industrial/Blue Collar
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of APAC
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global online recruitment market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how online recruitment trends and the global online recruitment market will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations and insurance models begin to enter the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global online recruitment market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porters 5 Forces and Value Chain Analysis.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant Global and/or regional presence.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Online Recruitment market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the online recruitment industry
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Online Recruitment market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative global Online Recruitment solutions.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The rise of online recruitment has significantly affected the hiring process globally. The online recruitment platforms made the hiring process easier, faster, and less costly. Also, these platforms made the job hunting process very easy for applicants. The technology backing up online recruitment has also changed abruptly. The vendors are consistently launching solutions with innovative features. The integration of technologies such as data analytics, AI, machine learning, and others in online recruitment platforms is positively affecting every process involved in recruitment. The online platforms are now offering innovating solutions such as real-time communication and multi-platform job posting solutions.
On the basis of types of online recruitment solutions, the market is categorized into permanent and full-time. The market for online permanent recruitment dominated the market. However, the part-time job recruitment market is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period. According to the annual study published by Careerbuilder, 40% of the total employers across the world plan to hire full-time, permanent employees in 2019. There is a huge demand for full-time employees as employers are finding it hard to capture qualified candidates.
On the basis of application categories, this market covers categories like Secretarial/Clerical, Accounting/Finance, Computing, Technical/Engineering, Professional/Managerial, Nursing/Medical/Care, Hotel/Catering, Sales/Marketing, and Industrial/Blue Collar, Construction, Education/Teaching, HR, Scientific, Drivers and others. The secretarial/clerical application segment is dominated by the market with the highest market share in 2018. In the last five years, there has been a significant rise in new startups and the trend is expected to continue in the coming years, which will be a key driving factor for the secretarial/clerical application segment.
On the geographical front, North America was the second-largest market in 2018. The North American region has been the most forward to adopt newer technologies in the online recruitment environment. The major growth driver for this region is the technology penetration and awareness among the candidates. Another driver for the growth of the market in this region is the demand for operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness by small and medium enterprises.