The global natural surfactants market was valued at USD 14.81 billion in 2019. The market is attributed to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. The rise in the environmental concerns over surfactants has caused market leaders and businesses take an opportunity towards natural surfactants. The driving factor for the overall development is the increasing demand for less harmful and highly biodegradable goods owing to environmental conservation issues in the market.
The governments across the globe are making efforts to preserve the atmosphere by rising food toxicity and by giving priority to biodegradable goods. These programs act as the guiding factor behind business expansion. Concerns about the supply of petrochemical feedstock will help to push the industry towards a considerable growth rate over the coming years. However, the regulatory guidelines and legislative processes, for the new product launch has caused a little slowdown in the demand. Moreover, the involvement of the market leaders has pushed to proliferate a significant growth in sales.
The global natural surfactants market is categorized based on product type, and application. Region wise, Europe was the largest market in 2018, and is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate over the coming years.
Key players serving the global Natural Surfactants market include BASF, Clariant, Croda International, Stepan Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Huntsman Corporation, and Kao Corporation among others.
Key segments of the global natural surfactants market
Product Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Anionic Natural Surfactants
- Nonionic Natural Surfactants
- Cationic Natural Surfactants
- Amphoteric Natural Surfactants
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Personal Care
- Industrial & Institutional Cleaning
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Agricultural Chemicals
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give a comprehensive outlook of the global natural surfactants market industry
- Natural Surfactants are widely used for various end uses owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing transportation and construction activities in the market, there is a rise in the demand for natural surfactants which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global natural surfactants market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of end uses, and type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global natural surfactants market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, natural surfactants providers, construction, transportation, packaging end users, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global natural surfactants market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global natural surfactants market
global natural surfactants market has seen strong development over the past couple of years with its end-business, and is anticipated to continue in the coming years. The main driving factor would be a rise in demand for product in various end-industries such as detergents, personal care, industrial & institutional cleaning, agricultural chemicals, oilfield chemicals.
The broad usage of fabric softeners and development of apparel manufacturing is another factor for the rise in demand in industry. Natural surfactants are often used in the manufacture of laundry detergents. Moreover, the incorporation of emerging developments such as glucose-based surfactants for hard-water, and amino acid soaps produced from dodecenyl succinic anhydride, has anticipated the growth rate in the global industry. Polysaccharides and small molecular surfactants are two of the main classes of amphiphilic products on the market.
One of the most significant features of polymer surfactant systems is their capacity to monitor rheology and stability through a broad variety of compositions. Biodegradable, and biocompatible, non-toxic formulations of products dependent on emulsions have tremendous potential for use in food applications. The combination of different characteristics such as anti-adhesive, emulsifying, and antimicrobial action provided by bio-surfactants indicates a significant use as ingredients or additives for a variety of applications.
The global natural surfactants market has been segmented based on, product type, and application. Based on product type, the market is categorized into anionic, nonionic, cationic, and amphoteric natural surfactants. Based on application, the market is categorized into detergents, personal care, industrial & institutional cleaning, agricultural chemicals, oilfield chemicals and others.
The nonionic natural surfactants segment is expected to provide the highest CAGR over the coming years. The rise in sales of segment can be due to their end-use of shampoos, fabric softeners, and body wash, which is growing due to high demand in domestic and industrial use. Personal care is expected to be the fastest segment with a rising use of natural surfactants over the coming years. The growth in the market is expected due to the use of bio-based ingredients boosting the segment's demand for natural surfactants in the global industry.
The global natural surfactants market is cumulative to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Europe dominated the global natural surfactants market in 2018, however Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant pace through 2025.
Europe accounts for the largest market share in the natural surfactants industry due to the presence of some prominent players in the region. The number of applications such as detergents, personal care, and oilfield chemicals for the product can be due to improved demand for natural surfactants from Europe. The need for less harmful and biodegradable goods is the primary factor for the strong demand for natural surfactants in Europe. However, the growing issues over environmental safety has proliferated the demand in the market as a substitute to synthetic alternatives.