The global surfactants market size is projected to be USD xx.xx billion in 2018 and is expected to grow to USD xx.xx billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of x.x% in the forecast period. Surfactants are nothing but the organic chemicals with hydrophobic and a hydrophilic end when added to a liquid, varies its properties at an interface. They can be segmented on the basis of the nature of charge or molecular weights. Improvement in the end-user manufacturing such as personal care, household detergents, and others increases the development of the market. Likewise, easy availability and low prices of surfactants because of technically advanced commercial feasibility and procedures are the major factors expected to boost the progress of the surfactants industry.
Geographically, the Asia-Pacific region has largest end-users of surfactants with market share of xx% globally. Asia valued for a surfactants market share of xx% of alkylbenzene sulfonates in previous years. End-users in North America and Western Europe lead the surfactants market for alkyl ether sulfates (FAES), alcohol ethoxy sulfates (AES), and alkyl sulfates (FAS) with market share of xx%.
The global surfactant market is segmented into product type, application, region, and others. By type, this market is sub-segmented into anionic surfactant, cationic surfactant, amphoteric surfactant, nonionic surfactant, and others. Anionic surfactants are basically derived from sulfation, condensation, carboxylation, and of phosphoric acid and fatty acids derivatives. By application type, the surfactants market is classified into personal care, food processing, industrial & institutional cleaner, household detergent, plastic, textile, painting & coating, agricultural chemical, adhesive, and others. On the basis of region, the surfactant market is evaluated across Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and LAMEA.
Europe and North America together valued for half of the surfactants market, in previous years. Though, Asia-Pacific alone seized more than one-third of surfactants market share. The costs of surfactants are relatively high in Europe because of regulations of Evaluation, Authorisation, Restriction, and Registration of Chemicals; though, the price in the U.S. is expected to endure restrained, because of low mineral oil rates for both cationic and anionic surfactants.
Global surfactants market will value for a larger share of growing surfactants in industrial applications, as consumers favor their multifunctionality, improved efficiency, greater safety, and multifunctionality. Silicone, Amphoterics, quaternary ammonium compounds, fatty amine oxides, and fluorosurfactants are amongst the surfactants that will demonstrate the healthy growth going forward.
Global surfactants market: Key players
- Eoc Group
- BASF SE
- Kao Corporation
- Neil A Burns LLC
Global surfactants market: Segmentation
- Cationic Surfactants
- Anionic Surfactants
- Amphoteric Surfactants
- Non-Ionic Surfactants
- Bio-based Surfactants
- Synthetic Surfactants
- Chemically Synthesized
- Personal care
- Industrial & Institutional cleaning
- Elastomers & Plastics
- Crop Protection
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Food & Beverage
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Global surfactant market: Drivers
- Growing demand for personal care products
Global surfactant market: Restraints
- Execution of severe regulations by government assistances
Global surfactant market: Opportunities
- Manufacturing of maintainable green surfactants
What to expect from the upcoming report on ‘Global Surfactant Market’:
- Analysis of future prospects as well as global surfactant market trends market over the forecast period (2018-2025)
- Information regarding technological progressions as well as innovations taking place in developing as well as developed economies and also various macro & microeconomic factors that affect the growth of the market.
- Supportive initiatives by government likely to influence the market dynamics.
- Key drivers influencing market’s growth, opportunities, restraints, sales channels and distributors.
- In-depth analysis of different market segmentations including end-user, application, manufacturing process and geographical regions.
- Deep analysis about the competitive landscape of the market and the initiatives by them to improve this market such as expansions, growth strategies, agreements, new product launches and acquisitions in the market
- Value Chain and Sales Channels Analysis
Who should buy this report?
- Report is especially designed for Venture capitalists, Investors, financial institutions, Analysts, Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, researchers, strategy