The incidence of skin cancer is higher than that of all other cancers combined. According to reports of the World Health Organization (WHO), skin cancer accounts for one third of all types of cancers happening worldwide with its influence only on an increase with time. The three most commonly reported skin cancers are basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and malignant melanoma (MM), of which BCC and SCC account for non-melanocytic cancer. The vast majority of skin cancers are non-melanocytic. Melanoma, though less common, is the most fatal of skin cancers and is the cause of maximum number of skin cancer deaths.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for melanoma diagnostics and the future growth potential of the market for melanoma diagnostics across various segments, such as test type and end user.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as increasing prevalence of melanoma skin cancer, government’s initiatives for early detection of melanoma skin cancer are the key drivers of the global melanoma diagnostics market.
Diagnostic and therapeutic molecular markers have been increasingly used to assist in histopathological assessment of these tumors. These markers are not only helpful for diagnosing melanoma, but also in distinguishing certain subtypes that may otherwise be difficult to identify. In addition, therapeutic markers can guide the selection of treatment with the development of novel targeted therapies. Methods including comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and quantitative gene expression profiling contribute to the detection of genetic mutations and determination of expression levels. Tests in clinical use include DecisionDx-Melanoma (Castle Biosciences), myPath Melanoma (Myriad Genetics), and Pigmented Lesion Assay (DermTech, Inc.), which profile a wide array of genes. As these tests become more refined, the meaning of various markers in diagnosis and therapy of melanoma has expanded as well. These markers can be represented by melanoma mutations, gene polymorphisms, signaling receptors, and melanin pigment.
Key Segments of the Global Melanoma Diagnostics Market
Test Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Dermatology Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Melanoma Diagnostics Market
- Myriad Genetic Laboratories Inc.
- AB Sciences
- Foundation Medical Incorporation
Reason for the study
- Governments initiatives for early detection and skin cancer treatment
- Increasing incidences of skin cancer
What does the report include?
- The study on the global melanoma diagnostics market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of test type and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global melanoma diagnostics market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global Melanoma diagnostics market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global Melanoma diagnostics market