The global cell therapy market was valued at USD 5.02 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Factors driving the growth of the cell therapy market include growing government reserves in cell-based research, the requirement for novel, improved therapies for various diseases and progress in personalized medicine.
Cell therapy market trends indicate growth owing to the various regulations being approved by the government in the desire to provide quick relief to the patients. Furthermore, many healthcare industries are working in collaboration with the government to identify the various processes to ways to improve cell therapy. Furthermore, the cell therapy market size is also influenced by the commercialization of stem cells treatments.
Regionally, North America accounted for the largest market share of the global cell therapy market attributable to strong regulatory support. Leading players of the global cell therapy market include Fibrocell Science, Inc., Kolon TissueGene, Inc., JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., PHARMICELL Co., Ltd., MEDIPOST, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., Cells for Cells, Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., Vericel Corporation among others.
Cell Therapy Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 7.85 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.8% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Use Type, Therapy Type, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Fibrocell Science, Inc., Kolon TissueGene, Inc., JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., PHARMICELL Co., Ltd., MEDIPOST, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., Cells for Cells, Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., Vericel Corporation among others.|
Key segments of the global cell therapy market
Use Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Therapy Type 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- Potential of these therapies in chronic disease management
- Strong regulatory and financing support from the federal bodies for expansion in this arena
- The development of precision medicine and advancements in advanced therapies medicinal products
What does the report include?
- The study on the global cell therapy market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of use-type and therapy type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global cell therapy market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global cell therapy market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global cell therapy market
Cell therapy is an important part of the therapeutic process for various clinical indications. The recent cell therapy market trends indicate that the studies of various use of cells for their therapeutic ability is gaining popularity in the science and healthcare research community. There are various techniques currently in the segment like CAR-t, stem cell and cord blood cell therapy. All of these reasons have led to increased application of cell therapy for clinical conditions like cancer and cardiovascular illness. Owing to this there is a constant growth in the global cell therapy market.
The most commonly used process of cell therapy aims to use healthy cells from a donor (Allogeneic) which is compatible or autogenic that is from the patient itself along with their alteration to increase their therapeutic ability. There are various complex steps involved in the process like genetic screening of cell, cell harvesting and reinfusion into the patient’s body. All these steps are complex and important and have therapeutic result on the patient. These advanced usage of cell therapy will result in growth of the cell therapy market size during the forecast period.
On the basis of use-type, the clinical-use segment is expected to show lucratively during the forecast period. The stem cell therapy is said to have the maximum success rate in the clinical-use. It has a special feature that it differentiates into any category of cell, at the same time ensuring the individual identity is intact. Industry experts state that the stem cell would revolutionize regenerative medicine, owing to its extensive use in treatment of fatal disease like neurodegenerative, cardiovascular and cancer. The growth of cell therapy market size is also factored to the increased research and development about the same. However, at the same time the huge cost involved in the various processes involved might hinder the market growth.
North America was the largest market for cell therapy in 2020. In this region cell therapy sector has increased significantly over the past few years. However, the substructure of the cell therapy industry has changed very substantially over the last few years and is now dominated by firms working on stem cells. The shift to stem cells is also associated with a greater emphasis on allogeneic products across the industry. In the US, the stem cell assay sector is relatively well established compared to other parts of the biotechnology industry, as measured by age of firms, number of public companies and products on the market.