The market size for the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) is projected to reach USD 9 billion by 2028. The increasing amount of structured, as well as unstructured data produced across multiple industries, such as retail & e-commerce, BFSI, healthcare, and manufacturing industries, are responsible for the growth of the DWaaS market in the past few years.
Increased acceptance of column-oriented data warehouse to achieve advanced analytics, increase in supervisory compliance, rapid advancements in data volumes, and growth in the private cloud creates lucrative opportunities for the implementation of cloud data warehouse solutions.
DWaaS is an outsourcing model adopted by organizations wherein a service provider manages and configures the software as well as hardware resources a data warehouse needs, and the customer offers the data and pays the service provider for the managed service. The propagation of digital content, growth in the usage of the internet, as well as the need for disaster recovery & contingency policies are a few of the key factors anticipated to boost the industry growth in the coming years. Moreover, developments in technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), and big data are also fuelling the demand for DWaaS market growth.
Key Segments of the Global Data Warehouse as a Service (DWaaS) Market
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Asset Management
- Customer Analytics
- Fraud Detection and Threat Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Supply Chain Management
Usage Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Data Mining
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Energy And Utilities
- IT & Telecom
- Media & Entertainment
- Retail & E-Commerce
- Travel & Hospitality
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on offerings, usage, and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Data warehouse as a service is a rapidly progressing paradigm that has prospered in transforming the world ICT industry. It provides various services to businesses and boosts them to be more efficient, productive, and competitive, without capitalizing a great amount from their investment budget. A data warehouse includes a central repository of information, analyzed to perform better-informed decisions. Data warehouse enables the user to store relational databases, transactional systems, and other sources in a central repository that is analyzed to enable informed decisions. Data scientists, business analysts, as well as decision-makers access the data via SQL tools, business intelligence (BI) platforms, and other data analytics applications.
Organizations use dashboards, reports, and analytics tools to gain insights from the data, observe business performance, and facilitate decision making. Businesses, individually of their size, intent to have maximum gains along with the minimum expenses, and thus, migrate to the cloud and become competitive and profitable. The cloud delivers numerous advantages, such as cost savings and growth.
The global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) market contains supply chain management, fraud detection, and threat management, risk and compliance management, asset management, customer analytics, and others. In 2019, fraud detection & threat management application is likely to hold a dominating position in the DWaaS market over the forecast period. Enterprises have enormous data volume and lack efficient tools to evaluate the threats, which leads to fraudulent activities to go unobserved, particularly in the supply chain management procedures. Large enterprises have implemented several technologies to inhibit enterprise data from threats. Thus, the adoption of a cloud-based, cost-effective solution is probably to fuel the industry for fraud detection in the DWaaS market.
Based on the usage segment, the market is segmented into analytics, data mining, and reporting. The analytics segment to grow at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2028. Organizations across several industry verticals are making heavy investments in AI and data analytics, with viewing to predict consumer preference & behavior, to deliver a better experience.
Based on the end-user segment, the market is bifurcated into manufacturing, retail & e-commerce, BFSI, media & entertainment, energy and utilities, IT & telecom, travel & hospitality, others. The retail and e-commerce sector is anticipated to grow at a considerable growth rate throughout the forecast period. On the other hand, the BFSI sector is anticipated is to hold a major share since this sector produces a massive amount of data compared to other industry verticals. The organizations within this sector are showing interests to cognize the available data regarding customers' interests and deliver services accordingly. This would enable us to sustain the intensely competitive scenario in the market. Moreover, the increasing number of regulations concerning customer data security owing to the increasing data breaches and malware shall drive the industry growth within the sector.
The global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution industry is a wide range to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a considerable growth rate with the countries such as India as the highest data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) market. Countries such as Japan, China, and South Korea are anticipated to be at the forefront in the adoption of the data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) owing to increased technological investment in the countries. Moreover, the rising trend of the cloud-based solution in medium and large industries propels the demand for a data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) in the region.
The major players of the global data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market are IBM, AWS, Google, Snowflake, Teradata, Microsoft, SAP, Micro Focus, Cloudera, Actian, Pivotal Software, Hortonworks, Solver, Yellowbrick, Panoply, MemSQL, Netavis, LUX Fund Technology & Solutions, MarkLogic, Transwarp Technology, and more. The data warehouse as a service (DWaaS) solution market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.