Natural polymeric materials with adhesive properties, as well as materials engineered to bind to biological surfaces, are referred to as bioadhesives. Glues made from biological intermediates such as cellulose, starch, or gelatin are also included. Bioadhesives have gained in popularity in recent years because they are environmentally friendly and manufactured from renewable materials, as opposed to synthetic adhesives. As a result, they are commonly used in a number of industries, from medical to packaging. The industry is witnessing significant adoption pertaining to Increasing demand from the frozen food packaging sector
The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from 2020 to 2028 the market size is estimated. Over the forecast period, growing demand from the frozen food packaging sector is expected to fuel market growth. Bioadhesives are also increasingly being used in the medical industry for procedures like surgeries, wound care dressings, transdermal drug delivery, and skin-bonded tracking systems. The growing popularity of surgical bioadhesives as suture replacements is expected to fuel market growth even further. In order to develop novel bioadhesives for the medical industry, main industry players are engaged in comprehensive R&D. The availability of abundant raw materials for starch, soy, and corn-based adhesives is expected to continue to drive market growth, which, in turn, is further complementing the industry growth.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for bioadhesives and the future growth potential of the market for bioadhesives across various segments, such as Type and Application.
In the application vertical, medical is projected to be the fastest-growing application segment of the bioadhesives market during the forecast period. High demand from end users, environmental regulations focusing on green or bio-based products, and increasing fluctuation in petro-chemical feedstock prices, among other factors, are driving the use of bioadhesives over traditional competitive products. Because of the production and use of bio-based ingredients in adhesive manufacturing, bioadhesives are generating global attention. In applications such as paper and packaging, manufacturing, woodworking, personal care, and medical, this is an important substitute for synthetic adhesives. Growing demand among end-users in developing regions for the applications is expected to favor market growth for bioadhesives in the next eight years.
In addition, Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, on account of the high economic growth rate, increasing standard of living, rise in disposable income, and a surge in construction, packaging, medical, personal care, and other industries. It is further expected to provide growth opportunities for bioadhesives vendors, owing to its rising investments in-bioadhesives coupled with flexible economic policies across the region is stimulating the industry upsurge.
Key Segments of the Global Bioadhesives Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Plant Based
- Animal Based
Application Overview 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Paper & Packaging
- Personal care
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Bioadhesives Market
- Henkel AG & Co.
- Ashland Inc.
- Paramelt B.V.
- Arkema SA
- Ecosynthetix Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Danimer Scientific LLC
- 3M Company
- Yparex B.V.
- Adhesives Research Inc.
- Cryolife Inc.
- Bioadhesive Alliance Inc.
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of bioadhesives Market Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on bioadhesives market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the bioadhesives industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global bioadhesives Market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the bioadhesives market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about bioadhesives market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global bioadhesives market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.