Due to the rising occurrence of sports injuries, along with an increase in patient preference for minimally invasive procedures, the global artificial ligaments and tendons market is expected to expand. High procedural costs and unfavorable reimbursement policies, however, will limit demand growth in emerging economies over the forecast period. Also, patients' lack of understanding and healthcare providers' inability to make use of artificial tendons and ligaments may hinder market development. Due to the rising incidence of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries among athletes and sportsmen, the knee injury segment is expected to hold a significant share during the forecast period. Also, developments in ACL reconstruction-related techniques that make the procedure more efficient will fuel segment growth in the coming years. The segment is also expected to be guided by the aging population. According to the WHO, between 2010 and 2050, the global population aged 85 years or older is expected to increase by 351 percent over the next 40 years, while the population aged 65 years and older is expected to increase by 188 percent over the same period.
North America dominated the global artificial ligaments and tendons market in 2019 owing to growing awareness of artificial grafts for the treatment of various sports injuries. Also, the market will be fuelled by the presence of key players in the area. During the forecast period, Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate. Major research and development investments by key global market players and growing knowledge of the use of artificial tendons and ligaments for ACL procedures are driving the market growth.
Key segments of the global artificial ligaments and tendons market
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
End-Use Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Hospitals & Clinics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Artificial Ligaments and Tendons Market
- Xiros Ltd.
- Cousin Biotech
- FX Solutions S.A.S.
- Shanghai Pine & Power Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Mathys AG Bettlach
- Stryker Corporation
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Artificial Ligaments and Tendons industry
- The overall segmentation of artificial ligaments and tendons market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of artificial ligaments and tendons market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global artificial ligaments and tendons market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global artificial ligaments and tendons market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Artificial Ligaments and Tendons providers, medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global artificial ligaments and tendons market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global artificial ligaments and tendons market