At a compound annual growth rate of 6 %, the size of the worldwide Antimicrobial Textile market is projected to reach US$ 15,800 Mn in 2027.
Fiber-based substrates in which antimicrobial agent is either coated or added to either destroy or prevent the growth of microorganisms are antimicrobial textiles. Market growth is primarily caused by the need for hygiene products in various applications such as sportswear, protective wear, curtains & drapes, carpets, surgical supplies & wipes, bedding, intimates, and footwear to combat the number of infections due to microorganisms.
The objective of the report is to estimate the size of the antimicrobial textile market and the future growth potential of the antimicrobial textile market across different segments, such active agents and application, etc.
The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from 2018 to 2028 the market size is estimated. Factors such as rising demand in the Asia-Pacific region, growth in the food & beverage and healthcare sectors, and increasing consumer understanding of health are the key drivers of the antimicrobial textile market in the coming years. The base year considered for the report is 2019, whereas the forecast period considered for the report is 2020 to 2028.
Cotton is a major fiber used in a number of applications, including medical textiles, footwear, commercial textiles, automobile, home textiles and other applications, since cotton is a natural fabric that is more prone to microbial attacks. Over the forecast timeframe for antimicrobial cotton textiles, this will fuel demand. The use of antimicrobial textiles in medical applications is expected to grow into the biggest application segment during the forecast period. Health textiles include attire, sheets & towels, surgical equipment & wipes, among other related applications. The largest sub-segment is expected to be the usage of antimicrobial textiles in the apparel sub-segment. These textiles come into close contact with the skin, which raises the risk of infections. In addition, these textiles are exposed to a number of conditions that contribute to increased exposure to infectious bacteria and becoming a vector for pathogens due to the use of antimicrobial textiles in hospitals to reduce the dangers of a widespread outbreak of disease.
Key Segments of the Global Antimicrobial Textile Market
Synthetic Agents Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Synthetic Organic Compounds
- Metal and Metallic Salts
Application Method, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Medical Textiles
- Home Textiles
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global antimicrobial textile market
- Milliken & Co.
- Unitika Ltd.
- Trevira GmbH
- Thai Acrylic Fibre Co. Ltd.
- PurThreads Technologies Inc.
- Vestagen Protective Technologies Inc
- LifeThreads LLC
- Herculite Inc.
- Smith & Nephew PLC
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of antimicrobial textile act market
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on Antimicrobial Textile Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global antimicrobial textile
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about Antimicrobial Textile Market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Antimicrobial Textile Market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.