The global antifog additives market is estimated to cross USD 500 million by 2028. The demand for anti-fog additive films in food packaging and agriculture applications is mainly driven by rising demand for processed food items as a result of rapid urbanization and shifting lifestyles in developed as well as developing economies. However, strict regulatory requirements from regulating bodies, such as the US Food and Drug Administration, regarding the use of plastics and environmentally sustainable practices in the food packaging industry can stifle the market's growth in coming years.
Antifog additives are non-ionic surfactants that aid in the reduction of surface tensions. Concentrates of the adhesive are applied to the packaging film during the extrusion process. Since additives are incompatible with polymers, they move to the soil. The additives assist in lowering the surface tension of water droplets and the surface of plastic packaging, resulting in a smooth distribution of water, improved clarity of the plastic film, and the elimination of fogging. The demand for antifog additives is expected to grow significantly as a result of new technologies and ideas for applications.
Agricultural advances and the demand for high-quality crops have sparked the evolution of regulated farming practices, which are expected to boost demand for anti-fog additive-based films. Furthermore, the rising demand for crops as a result of the world's developing population is expected to accelerate the development of the anti-fog additives market in agriculture.
Antifog Additives Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 500 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.5% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Nouryon, Croda International Plc., Clariant AG, Evonik Industries AG, Ashland Inc., Dowdupont Inc, Polyone Corporation, Corbion N.V., PCC SE, and Fine Organics Industries Ltd. Other notable players operating in antifog additives industry are Sabo S.P.A., Lehmann&Voss&Co., Gabriel-Chemie Gesellschaft Mbh, Viba S.P.A, Kafrit Industries, Ioi Oleo GmbH, Ilshinwells, Nassolkem, High Technology Masterbatches, Tosaf Compounds Ltd, and Emery Oleochemicals.|
Key Segments of the Global Antifog Additives Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Glycerol Esters
- Polyglycerol Esters
- Sorbitan Esters of Fatty Acids
- Ethoxylated Sorbitan Esters
- Polyoxyethylene Esters of Oleic Acid
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Food Packaging Films
- Agricultural Films
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global antifog additives market.
- Antifog additives is widely used for various end uses in food packaging films and agricultural films, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years.
- With the growing urbanization and working women population the market is further expected to have a positive opportunity in near future.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global antifog additives market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, and application. Moreover, the study on antifog additives market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global antifog additives market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global antifog additives market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global antifog additives market
Growing food production and packaging sectors are expected to propel the global demand for anti-fog additives. Over the projected timeframe, low-cost antifog additives are predicted to open new avenues due to increasing demand from the packaging industry. Fog forming is especially vulnerable to packaging used in the food industry. They are heavily favored in the food market, which is supposed to fuel the global economy, for this reason. The use of anti-fog chemicals to protect the quality of processed food items is becoming more widely recognized, which may contribute to further business expansion.
In the food preservation and farming industries, the use of antifog additives has been widely recognized. The growing use of anti-fog additives in the food packaging industry is a major factor driving market demand for anti-fog additives. This is due to the increasing need for convenience foods while preserving consistency. The global market is also being boosted by increasing demand from greenhouses to ensure that plants are developing in optimal conditions and that development is not slowed or disrupted by the creation of fog. Furthermore, favorable socioeconomic and demographic trends such as urbanization, population growth, and the living standards, as well as substantial changes in commercial aspects, are expected to drive the global antifog additives market forward.
Based on type segment, the market is segregated as polyoxyethylene esters of oleic acid, polyglycerol esters, ethoxylated sorbitan esters, glycerol esters, sorbitan esters of fatty acids, and others. The anti-fog additives market is dominated by glycerol esters, which are cheaper and more often used in food packaging films, followed by polyglycerol esters and sorbitan esters. The glycerol esters-type antifog additives segment is expected to remain its dominancy over the forecast period.
The global antifog additives industry finds its application in agricultural films, food packaging films, and other applications. The global anti-fog additives industry is dominated by food packaging films, and this domination is expected to continue over the forecast period. Rapid urbanization in developing economies such as Brazil, India, Southeast Asia, China, and Argentina as well as growing female participation in the workplace and changing consumer lifestyles, are pushing demand for packaged goods, which is translating into an increasing demand for anti-fog additives for these applications.
North America will lead the anti-fog additives market in 2020. North America's domination in the anti-fog additives industry can be due to a number of reasons, including rising demand for anti-fog films from the food packaging and agriculture industries, rising health and safety consciousness, and strict government regulations. Due to increased demand from economies such as Southeast Asia, China, Japan, and India, Asia-Pacific is expected to show promising prospects in the antifog additives industry.
The major players operating in the global antifog additives market are Nouryon, Croda International Plc., Clariant AG, Evonik Industries AG, Ashland Inc., Dowdupont Inc, Polyone Corporation, Corbion N.V., PCC SE, and Fine Organics Industries Ltd. Other notable players operating in antifog additives industry are Sabo S.P.A., Lehmann&Voss&Co., Gabriel-Chemie Gesellschaft Mbh, Viba S.P.A, Kafrit Industries, Ioi Oleo GmbH, Ilshinwells, Nassolkem, High Technology Masterbatches, Tosaf Compounds Ltd, and Emery Oleochemicals.