COVID-19 had a favorable impact on the UV disinfection equipment industry in 2020, resulting in higher sales of UV disinfection equipment & associated consumables. As a result, the market's growth trajectory increased dramatically and a similar trend is expected to continue as demand is expected to rise due to growing concerns for surface disinfection.
The global market for the UV Disinfection Equipment is anticipated to develop at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.4% throughout the course of the forecast, to reach US$ 17.92 Bn by 2031.
The ease of installation, low maintenance, monitoring, & space requirements has all contributed to the technologies increasing success. In comparison to conventional disinfection technologies like chlorination, the equipment offers increased protection, decreased service time, low sensitivity to pH & temperature fluctuations.
Furthermore, the rise of H1N1, chronic diseases, & an aging population is pushing the UV disinfection demand across the globe. Since it is environmentally friendly & easy to use, UV technology has almost replaced chemical treatment as a disinfection process. As a result, the UV disinfection equipment industry in this area is posing a major threat to chemical-based industries.
In 2019, Asia Pacific led the global market, accounting for more than 30% of all UV disinfection equipment revenue. Countries such as India & China are actively investing in start-ups and existing businesses to grow amid COVID-19. Because of the growing need for UV equipment due to the COVID-19 epidemic, major vendors are focused on technical advances and product developments.
UV Disinfection Equipment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2031||US$ 17.92 Bn|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.4% during 2021-2031|
|Segment Covered||Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Hydro-Photon,Trojan Technologies,Atlantic Ultraviolet Corp.,Evoqua Water Technologies LLC,Xylem Inc.,First Light Technologies Ltd.,Atlantium Technologies Ltd.,Aquionics.,Severn Trent Plc,Calgon Carbon Corporation,Atlantium Technologies Ltd,Green Water Technologies,General Lighting,Advanced UV, Inc|
Key segments of the global UV disinfection equipment market
Component Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- UV Lamps
- Ballasts/Controller Units
- Quartz Sleeves
- Reactor Chambers
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Air Treatment
End-Use Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global UV Disinfection Equipment Market
- Xylem Inc.
- Trojan Technologies
- Halma PLC
- Kuraray Co., LTD
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation
- Advanced UV, Inc.
- American Ultraviolet
- Hoenle AG
- Atlantium Technologies LTD.
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global UV Disinfection Equipment industry
- The overall segmentation of UV disinfection equipment market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of UV disinfection equipment market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global UV disinfection equipment market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global UV disinfection equipment market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, UV disinfection equipment providers, medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global UV disinfection equipment market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global UV disinfection equipment market