US residential fully automatic washing machine market was USD 7.7 billion in the year 2017 due to increasing migration across all the states of US, which has surge housing markets and consumer purchasing power. A surge in new homes means new laundry and kitchen appliances which would soar the demand for consumer goods.
Fully automatic washer contains a single motor, which is capable of doing both washings as well as spinning activities. This machine is controlled by the electromagnetic inlet valve and water level switch and complete the whole laundry process. This whole system run just by selecting the program. Owing to the less manual intervention, the demand for the fully automatic residential washing machine market has increased
The change in lifestyle due to the preference for a nuclear family, the rise in disposable income, technology advancement, busy life, and urbanization, have increased the need to save time and other natural resources such as water, power, etc. Thus, increasing the demand for automated washing machines in the residential sector in the coming years Furthermore, the American government is also encouraging the domestic players of residential washing machine market.
For instance, Trump’s administration tariff on imported washing machine has impacted the sale international manufacturers such as LG, Samsung, and Haier. In January 2018, the U.S. government imposed 20% tariff on the first 1.2 million imported washing machine. Tariffs are also applicable to steel and aluminum by 25% and 10% respectively. With all these taxes have increased the overall price of the washing machine by 16.4% at the retail level. However, these government regulation have increased the demand for domestic players such as Whirlpool, General Electric, Speed Queen, Amana Corporation and Hotpoint.
Moreover, well-established companies to thrive their presence in U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market are investing more in their R&D. This ultimately results in new product development along with new technology, Automation across the laundry process is now seen as more feasible. For instance, in August 2017, Beko, European Washing Machine Company launched washing machine with aquawave technology. The technology is fused in the washing machine which is more suited to effectively yet gently wash clothing. This further preserve clothing quality for extended time.
US fully automatic washing machine is segmented into front load and top load model. The front load held the largest market share. Front load tend to be better at water and stain removal because the wash motion is more effective as compare to top load plummeting motion. For instance, In June 2016, Samsung launched front load washing machine model named as “Washer (WF50K7500A)”. The washer has some vital features such as most efficient energy star, DD inverter and super speed. The product capture major attention in US market due to these features.
South region incorporated of states like Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina, District of Columbia, Texas, and others are the major contributor to U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market in 2017 with 36.58%, followed by west at 26.63 % and Midwest which was accounted for 21.42% of overall U.S. revenue. Further, majority of population led to larger economies, where cities in the Southwest region contributed a higher portion of consumer durable revenue. These factors have driven residential washing machine market in United States.
The competitive landscape of U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market is highly consolidated as major share is held by Whirlpool. In spite of market being consolidated, there are few regional and global players such as. Haier Co., Ltd., Electrolux, Speed Queen, Hotpoint, Kenmore, LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd who are giving tough competition to Whirlpool.
Further, U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market is expected to continue its forward momentum during the forecast period due to the company’s strategic moves exclusively in their product development, merger and acquisition. For instance, in June 2016, Haier acquired GE appliance, a US consumer durable company for US$ 5.6 billion. The acquisition brought innovation and development in both existing and new products of GE appliances.
Key segments of the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million) (Thousands Units)
- Front Load
- Top Load
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million) (Thousands Units)
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market across various geographies
- While studying the residential fully automatic washing machine, we observed that the demand for its products was tremendous in southwest region
- The market is fragmented and major players have their presence across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step are investing more in R&D, to meet the domestic demand
What does the report include?
- The report focuses on residential fully automatic washing machine market and its product type.
- The study on the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market includes qualitative factors such as value chain analysis, drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including consumer durables, e-commerce and many others.
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market
- Consultants, analysts, researcher, and academicians looking for insights shaping the U.S. residential fully automatic washing machine market