In 2022, the size of the global market for textile dyes was estimated to be USD 11.6 billion. By 2031, it is anticipated to have grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% to reach USD 19.46 billion (2023–2031).
In order to add color and complexity to textiles, textile dyeing involves applying dyes to a textile material (fiber or fabric), thus increasing the value of the product. The dyeing operations are carried out at any stage in the manufacture of textile products (fiber, thread and fabric) or finished textile products (garments and apparel) and are carried out either by the finishing branch of vertically integrated textile factories or by specialist dyeing firms. Textile dyes may bind to suitable surfaces/fiber through chemical reaction, absorption, or mechanical retention. The garment industry is the biggest consumer of dyes, accounting for more than 50% of all dyes used worldwide.
Synthetic dyes, derived from non-biodegradable petroleum-based colorants, are mainly used in textile dyeing. However, because of the tightening regulations on waste water created by the textile industry, due to the use of synthetic dyes, companies are moving to natural colorants. The demand for dyes derived from natural sources is projected to grow dramatically in the coming years.
The goal of the report is to estimate the size of the market for textile dyes and the future growth potential of the market for textile dyes across various segments, such as base material, package form, antimicrobial agents, technology, end-to-end packaging, etc.
The base year considered for the study is 2019 and the market size is projected from 2018 to 2028. The main drivers of the textile dye market for the coming years are factors such as growing demand in the Asia-Pacific region, growth in the food & beverage and healthcare sectors, and increasing customer awareness of health. For the report, the base year considered is 2019, while the projection year considered for the report is 2020-2028
Cotton is a major fabric used in various applications, such as medical textiles, clothing, industrial textiles, automotive, home textiles, and other applications, as cotton is a fabric that occurs naturally and is thus more vulnerable to microbial attack. This will, during the forecast era, drive the market for antimicrobial cotton textiles. The use of antimicrobial textiles in medical applications is expected to increase to be the biggest use during the forecast period. Medical textiles include attire, sheets & towels, surgical supplies & wipes, and other such uses. The biggest sub-segment is expected to be the usage of antimicrobial textiles in the attire sub-segment. These textiles come into close contact with the skin, which raises the risk of infections. In addition, due to the use of antimicrobial textiles in hospitals, these textiles are exposed to a variety of conditions that lead to increased exposure to harmful microbes and become a carrier for infections to minimize the danger of a widespread outbreak of disease.
Textile Dyes Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2031
|USD 19.46 billion
|CAGR of 5.8 % during 2021-2031
|by Dye Type, by Fiber Type, by Application, Region.
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Huntsman International LLC (US), Archroma (Switzerland), DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd (Singapore), LANXESS (Germany), Organic Dyes and Pigments (US), Atul Ltd (India), Vipul Organics Ltd (India), Jihua Group (China), S.A. Robama (Spain), Kiri Industries Ltd (India), Synthesia, AS (Czech Republic), and Zhejiang Runtu Co.,Ltd (China)
Key Segments of the Global Textile Dyes Market
Dye type Overview
- Acid Disperse
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global textile dyes market
- Huntsman Corporation
- Kiri Industries
- Zhejiang Longsheng Group Co., Ltd.
- LANXESS AG
- Archroma Management LLC
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of textile dyes market
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on Textile Dyes Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global antimicrobial textile
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about Textile Dyes Market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Textile Dyes Market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.