By 2028, it is anticipated that the revenue from the global telecommunications electronic bill presentment and payment market would approach USD 13.9 billion
Telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP) refers to a process of delivering paperless bills. Customers, through this option make the bill payments electronically, through the internet. This concept is often also termed as e-invoicing, e-billing, or e-payables. Growing use of hand-held smart devices such as mobile phones, tablets and even laptops along with the provision of high-speed internet has enabled access to online navigation and payments. This factor mainly drives the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP) market.
The global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market revenue is projected to reach close to USD 13,991.2 million by 2028. This can be attributed to increasing penetration of smartphones with high-speed internet access. In addition, outsourcing electronic bill presentment and payment services to gain popularity is also boosting global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market growth.
However, the obstacles for the Adoption of EBPP is likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, advancement in EBPP technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), faster payments, and mobile technology is anticipated to be an opportunity for the telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market.
Telecommunication Electronic Bill Presentment And Payment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 13.9 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of XX% during 2018-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
Key Segments of the Global Telecommunication Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Market
Type Overview, (USD Million)
- The Direct Mode
- The Aggregate Model
- Push/Invited Pull Technology
Application Overview, (USD Million)
- Fixed Telecommunications
- Mobile Telecommunications
Regional Overview, (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Central and South America
- Rest of Central and South America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including component and raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries across the value chain
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Increasing penetration of smartphones with high speed internet access are the key reasons driving the demand for telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment solutions. The rising penetration of smart phones with high-speed internet access is expected to increase adoption of telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market over the coming years. Internet access enables direct access to different payment portals and allow customers to make transactions using online bank transfer, through credit and debit cards, and electronic bills through email links. Many service providers are promoting and marketing their smart devices by providing smart phones, tablets, and laptops to their employees, in order to increase their sales and productivity. Additionally, increasing consumer electronics industry in developing economies followed by rising per capita spending is expected to increase market concentration over the coming years.
In terms of type, the market is bifurcated into the direct mode, the aggregate model, push/invited pull technology. The direct mode segment is estimated to accrue significant market growth over the forecast period. In addition to this, in the year 2020, the direct mode segment itself gathered the major share and it is likely to keep its position throughout the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is primarily ascribed to the major reason since, direct billing mode is the largest telecom EBPP segment. Some telecom companies also allow further development of EBPP systems by creating new payment sites. This includes features such as transaction authorization, refunds, and capture payments. Such payment systems accept major credit cards, enterprise money and also sometimes save on transaction cost, therefore increase revenue and profit.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into fixed telecommunications, and mobile telecommunications. The fixed telecommunications segment leads the market share in 2020 and it is anticipated to hold its position during the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the due to the early bird advantage, lesser penetration of mobile devices and limited connectivity. However, despite this challenge, the position of fixed telecommunications EBPP shall be stable during the forecast period. This phenomenon shall be further established in regions where EBPP has been recently introduced along with recent penetration of high-speed internet. It is also estimated that the market share of fixed telecommunications segment will be gradually cannibalized by mobile telecommunications during the forecast period, due to growing adoption and the untapped opportunities in the developing regions.
China dominated the overall market in 2020 and it is projected to keep its position during the forecast years 2021-2028. However, the Central and South America region is anticipated to gather the highest growth over the forecast years. The market growth in this region is mostly ascribed to the growing need for improved productivity and increased demand in this region. Besides, increasing penetration of smartphones with high-speed internet access is also boosting the market growth in this region.
The major players of the global telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market are Cass Information Systems, Inc., Paymentus Corporation, Aliaswire, Inc., Fiserv, Inc., Liquid Telecommunications Holdings Limited, ACI Worldwide Inc., Digital Virgo Entertainment, Kubra Data Transfer Ltd, EAFRICALAB.COM, INC, and Ebpsource Ltd. The telecommunication electronic bill presentment and payment market comprises well established local as well as global players. In addition, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic on-premises and cloud to stay competitive in the global market.