The Surgical Incision Closure market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% to reach US$ 3.17 Bn in 2030.
Due to increased investment in research and development, decreased casualty levels, reduced chances of infection and increased demand to shorten the duration of hospital stay, the global surgical incision closure demand is anticipated to register substantial growth over the projected period. In order to protect the integrity of tissues and restore normal functions, appropriate incision closing during surgery is necessary.
In order to preserve tissue integrity and restore normal functions, appropriate incision closing during surgery is important. During surgery, the main aim is to maintain hemostasis and close the incision internally as well as externally. Any inability to perfectly close the incisions leads to dangerous medical problems such as inflammation and vital scarring. In addition, it is expected that the launch of technologically advanced incision closure devices would propel the growth of this market.
Sutures have one of the largest market shares and are projected to continue to lead due to intensive efforts to produce goods. Newly evolved barbed suture technology, for example, is designed to face difficult treatments such as endoscopic surgery. By comparison, tissue sealants are rapidly gaining market share. In particular, their demand is growing in the case of cosmetic and minimally invasive surgery. The majority of revenues continue to be produced by surgical staplers. They have applications in multiple gynecologic, thoracic, and paediatric procedures, but a large share is accounted for by the bariatric and emphysema industry.
Owing to the higher customer base of aesthetic surgery, spinal fusion, and growing numbers of hip and knee replacement operations, North America is projected to have the highest share. Asia Pacific is expected to report lucrative growth due to enhanced healthcare facilities, expanded healthcare sector investment, modern healthcare & diagnostic centre establishments, and increasing access to healthcare services.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for surgical incision closure and the future growth potential of the market for surgical incision closure across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
Key vendors in the market include Tyco healthcare, Covidien Plc, Henkel Loctite Corporation, Genzyme Biosurgery, Axya medical, Baxter International, Smith and Nephew, BTG plc, Cryolife, Ethicon, 3M, and others.
Surgical Incision Closure Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2030||US$ 3.17 Bn|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.1% during 2021-2030|
|Segment Covered||by Product Type, by Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||3M, Smith & Nephew plc, Johnson & Johnson, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Convatec Group PLC, Integra LifeSciences, Medtronic, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Cardinal Health, and Stryker|
Key Segments of the Global Surgical Incision Closure Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Tissue Sealants
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Surgical Wounds
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Surgical Incision Closure Market
- Tyco healthcare
- Covidien Plc
- Henkel Loctite Corporation
- Genzyme Biosurgery
- Axya medical
- Baxter International
- Smith and Nephew
- BTG plc
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of surgical incision closure market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on surgical incision closure market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global surgical incision closure market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the surgical incision closure market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about surgical incision closure market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global surgical incision closure market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.