The global Infection Control market was valued at USD 19.7 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period. Growing surgical procedures is projected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
The global infection control market is categorized based on type, end-use. Region wise, North America was the largest market in 2019 owing to presence of large patient pool coupled with high awareness levels. Asia Pacific on the other is projected to witness fastest growth rate owing to rising demand from emerging economies such as Japan, China, and India. The overall Asia Pacific infection control market is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.3% from 2020 to 2028.
Key players serving the global Infection Control market include 3M, Ecolab, BELIMED, INC., Halyard Health, Inc., Getinge AB, Advanced Sterilization Products, MATACHANA GROUP, MMM Group, Cantel Medical, STERIS plc among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global infection control market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
End-Use Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Pharma & Medical Device Companies
- Clinical Laboratories
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Infection Control industry
- The overall segmentation of Infection Control market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of Infection Control market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Infection Control market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global Infection Control market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Infection Control providers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global Infection Control market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global Infection Control market
The growing number of government initiatives coupled with rising focus on high degree infection control is projected to boost global infection control market growth over the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. Furthermore, rising geriatric population suffering from chronic diseases is anticipated to offer lucrative growth opportunities for the market players across the globe. The growing number of surgical procedures coupled with rising incidence of nosocomial infections are other factors that are anticipated to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
The global infection control market has been bifurcated based on type, and end-use. Based on end-use the global market is further segmented into hospitals, pharma & medical device companies, clinical laboratories, and others. In the year 2019, hospitals segment dominated the global infection control market and is projected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period. The market dominancy is attributed to rising probability of acquiring infections in hospital premises. HAIs are one of the biggest challenges for the hospitals across the globe and there has been a growing focus on tackling this challenge. This is expected to boost infection control market growth over the forecast period.
Based on regions, the global infection control market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa. In the year 2019, North America dominated the global infection control market owing to rising strategic initiative opted by market players across the region in order to widen the product portfolio. However, Asia Pacific infection control market is projected to witness the highest growth rate owing to rising healthcare expenditure, growing government focus on strengthening healthcare infrastructure across the region.