The market size for global software-defined anything (SDx) is expected to reach at USD 144 billion by 2025. The factors such as growing demand for cloud and virtualization in data centers, which are promoting the adoption of Software Defined Anything (SDx) solutions is anticipated to fuel the industry demand in the near future. The enterprises due to their capability, are offering unified management of all data center devices such as server, networking, security, storage, and other resources. On the other hand, large scale IT infrastructure users including telecommunication operators, cloud service providers, and more, are growingly using SDx services, which will further boost the market growth.
SDx facilitates efficiency and productivity through enhanced network access through a range of portable and traditional equipment assembled in a virtual and physical space. Presently, enterprises are implementing SDE technology for enhancing need for virtualization, security, and agility. It also has an ability to decrease OPEX and offer flexible allocation of resource. This facilitates developers to effectively configure and design their own stack through virtual components tailored as per their individual conditions and requisites. Beyond cost saving and enhanced productivity, SDx can produce a base for creating dexterity into the way organizations offer IT services.
Key Segments of the Global Software-Defined Anything (SDx) Market
Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC)
Vertical Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Service Providers
Verticals Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global software-defined anything (SDx) market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global software-defined anything (SDx) market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the software-defined anything (SDx) industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, end-userm and verticals. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global software-defined anything (SDx) market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the software-defined anything (SDx) market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global software-defined anything (SDx) market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global software-defined anything (SDx) market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The growing need for reducing IT expenses along with the dynamic business environments and growth in implementation of cloud services in organizations are the key factors fueling the Software-Defined Anything (SDx) market growth. Apart from this, the increasing implementation of Software defined technologies such as SDI, SDN, SDCC, and SS within the telecom and information technology enabled services (ITES) is anticipated to augment the industry growth. Rising awareness about the SDx technologies among enterprise is likely to encourage industry participants to come up with innovate solutions to cater their user needs. However, high expenses associated with the adoption of this technology, as well as privacy and security concerns are the restraining factors that may hinder the growth software defined anything (SDx) market in the coming years. Moreover, lack of availability of skilled personnel shall also limit the growth of this industry.
Based on the function segment, the market is bifurcated into Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN), and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). In 2019, the SDDC segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the software-defined anything (SDx) market throughout the forecast period. However, the SDN segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the end-user, the market is segmented into service providers, and enterprises. The market for enterprises is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019. However, the services providers segment is likely to grow with a significant growth rate since the SDx offeres multi-fold benefits such as enhanced IT agility, network efficiency via centralized management, and reliable & fast application services to manage massive applications and data securely.
Based on the vertical, the market is segmented into BFSI, healthcare, retail, education, government, and manufacturing. The market for IT & telecom sector is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the Tech companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the exponentially growing data generated by businesses, as well as enhanced network centralization and IT agility through SDx solutions are some of the factors responsible for the software defined anything (SDx) demand.
The global software-defined anything (SDx) market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the software-defined anything (SDx) storage, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the software-defined anything (SDx) market in North America.
The major players of the global software-defined anything (SDx) market are Cisco, Dell EMC, HPE, IBM,VMware, Huawei, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Nokia, Oracle, Aryaka Networks, Big Switch Networks, Citrix, Extreme Networks, and more. The software-defined anything (SDx) market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.