For the past few years, the sports industry has gone through numerous developments and it is embracing new technologies to enhance players' performance, sports management, and overall sports experience. Under the umbrella term of smart city development, the smart stadium is also a new concept that is emerging globally. The growing culture of sports leagues and technological developments in developing as well as developed countries are creating substantial growth opportunities for the smart stadium market. The smart stadiums comprise numerous combined Applications that enhance the experience fans and fulfill the requirement of medical teams as well as players.
The global smart stadium market size is anticipated to reach nearly USD 19 Billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the increasing need to create an engaging experience for fans at stadiums. Also, the increasing need for enhanced security solutions for stadiums is the key factor boosting the global smart stadium market growth. Moreover, upcoming international and national sports events are also driving the demand for the market.
However, the high initial cost of implementation is expected to impede market growth. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of E-commerce and location-based services are expected to be opportunistic for the market in the forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Smart Stadium Market
Services Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Integration Services
- Support and Maintenance
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Event Management
- Ticketing Management
- Event Marketing Management
- Workforce Management
- Stadium & Public Security
- Emergency & Disaster Management
- Security Scanning, Metal Detection, and Imaging
- Video Surveillance
- Digital Content Management
- Audio & Video Management
- Digital Signage
- Building Automation
- Energy Management Systems
- Parking Management Systems
- Facility Management Systems
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Smart Stadium market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global smart stadium market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the smart stadium industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on services and applications. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global smart stadium market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the smart stadium market.
- Managers within the Smart Stadium industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global smart stadium market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global smart stadium market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
From the recent past, sports stadiums have been experiencing less response from the people as people have become more technology savvy. With the technological developments, people can now experience live sports at their fingertips via tablets, smartphones, and smart TVs, which in turn has resulted in reduced demand for live sports experience at stadiums. On the contrary, it is creating an opportunity for sports stadiums as with the integration of smart & connected technologies and Application sports stadiums can be converted into smart stadiums. With technological advancements, people are looking for an appealing experience for live sports. Hence, such factors driving the demand for smart stadiums Application and services.
Based on the services segment, the market is divided into integration services, support and maintenance, and others. In 2019, the integration services segment gathered the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the smart stadium market throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily accredited to the growing need to integrate digital content management, building automation, and network management solutions in smart stadiums. However, the support and maintenance segment is projected to gather the highest growth rate over the forecast years.
Based on the applications, the market is segmented into event management, stadium & public security, digital content management, building automation, crowd management, and others. The stadium & public security segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period. However, the building automation segment is anticipated to experience the highest market growth in the forthcoming years. The building automation segment comprises numerous sub-segments such as energy management systems, parking management systems, and facility management systems. The growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the growing demand for building automation solutions among stadium operators.
The European region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is expected to maintain its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is mainly attributed to the strict policies about public safety and security in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to experience the highest growth throughout the forecast period. Moreover, the North America region is projected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period.
The major players of the global smart stadium market are Cisco Systems, Intel, Huawei Technologies Co., IBM, Johnson Controls, Schneider Electric SE, Ericsson, NEC, GP Smart Stadium, and CenturyLink. Moreover, the other potential players in the smart stadium market are NXP Semiconductors, Hawk-Eye Innovations, Honeywell, Atos, and Honeywell. The smart stadium market comprises well established local as well as global players. Also, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic services to stay competitive in the global market.