At a compound annual growth rate of 5.7%, the size of the worldwide Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) market is projected to reach US$ 6 Billion in 2027.
Growing household & personal care end-use demand is a major factor driving the growth of the polydimethylsiloxane market. In addition, during the forecast era, strong demand for elastomers that are often used in the building & construction and automotive industries is expected to propel the industry. Unfavorable conditions resulting from the abrupt outbreak of COVID-19 are likely to thwart the development of the industry being analyzed on the flip-side.
During the projected timeframe, elastomers are predicted to dominate the Polydimethylsiloxane market. It is used for various applications in building & manufacturing, electrical & electronics and many other industries as a siloxane-based elastomer. Due to the large-scale use of polydimethylsiloxane products across different industries in the country, Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest market.
The objective of the report is to estimate the size of the Polydimethylsiloxane market and the future growth potential of the Polydimethylsiloxane market across different segments, such as type and end-use industries, etc.
The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from 2018 to 2028 the market size is estimated. Factors such as rising demand in the Asia-Pacific region, growth in the food & beverage and healthcare sectors, and increasing consumer understanding of health are the key drivers of the Polydimethylsiloxane market in the coming years. The base year considered for the report is 2019, whereas the forecast period considered for the report is 2020 to 2028.
In the overall PDMS market, low-molecular weight PDMS is the dominant category. It is commonly used as bath fluids for laboratory use, heat transfer fluids, dielectric fluids, fluids for low viscosity damping, hydraulic fluids for low viscosity, and others. The rising demand for these goods due to the strong growth rate of the building & construction and automotive industries is projected to drive the PDMS industry in the developing countries of APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
The primarily used form of PDMS is projected to be Elastomer in 2019. PDMS elastomers are widely used in manufacturing applications, such as personal care products, surgical instruments, microfluidic systems and others. It is the chosen kind of PDMS due to its characteristics, such as elasticity, transparency, longevity and long shelf life. The development of healthcare, personal care, cosmetics, and other sectors is projected to boost the demand for PDMS elastomers.
Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2027
|CAGR of 5.7 % during 2017-2027
|By Type, Form, End- User, By Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America
|Key Players Profiled
|Dow., Wacker Chemie AG, KCC CORPORATION., Alfa Aesar, Thermo Fisher Scientific; CHT Group, BRB International b.v., Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp., Siltech Corporation, Wynca Group, Iota Silicone Oil (Anhui) Co., Ltd, Clearco Products Co., Inc., Specialty Silicone Products, Inc., Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc., GELEST, INC., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, Merck KGaA, Quzhou Ruilijie Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Elkay Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., KCC Basildon and ARIHANT SOLVENTS AND CHEMICALS
Key Segments of the Global Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market
- Industrial Process
- Building & Construction
- Household and Personal Care
- Electrical and Electronics
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Polydimethylsiloxane market
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Avantor, Inc.
- Elkem ASA
- KCC Corporation
- Dongyue Group Limited
- Alfa Aesar
- CHT Group (Germany)
- Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of Polydimethylsiloxane market
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Polydimethylsiloxane
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.