The playout automation & channel-in-a-box is influenced by increasing number of channels. Other factors that influence the market are less cost of ownership, rising demand for improved channel presentation, increasing awareness about their ease of operations, technological advancement, and growing number of television viewers worldwide which will enhance the playout automation and channel-in-a-box market in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Furthermore, the increasing need for high-quality channel presentation and the rapid entry of various small and medium-sized enterprises in the industry is also providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, various technological advancements such as the utilization of sonic quality and features for an immersive experience are acting as other growth-inducing factors.
The global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market size was estimated to reach over USD 16.3 Billion in 2020, and projected to grow significantly with a CAGR of 14.6% over the forecast period.This can be ascribed to the service providers that are emphasizing on providing consumers with High-Definition (HD) and Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) content and games It offers new opportunities for key players operating in the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market. Besides, the implementation of multiple channel is affecting the market in a positive manner.
However, limited adoption and automation lock-in issues are hampering the market growth. Furthermore, the increase number of channels are to provide lucrative development opportunities for the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market in the forthcoming years.
Playout Automation & Channel-in-a-Box Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 16.3 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 14.6% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Channel, Channel Application, End Use, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of World|
|Key Players Profiled||Harmonic, Inc., Pebble Beach Systems, Grass Valley USA LLC, Cinegy LLC, Snell Limited, Anyware Video company, Aveco s.r.o, Axel Technology Srl, BroadStream Solutions Inc., Evertz Microsystems Ltd, Florical Systems Inc, Imagine Communications, Pixel Power Ltd., PlayBox Technology (UK) Ltd, and Pixel Power Ltd.|
Key Segments of the Global Playout Automation & Channel-in-a-Box Market
Channel Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- Single Channel
- Multiple Channel
End User Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- International Broadcasters
- National Broadcasters
Channel Application Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- Cartoons & Lifestyle
Regional Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of World
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Channels, End User, and Channel Application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market.
- Managers within the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
An integrated playout server system for transmitting single or several television channels is known as playout automation and channel-in-a-box (CiaB). It offers a streamlined workflow by scheduling and automating on-air shows, adding branding, logos, 3D characters, overlays, and commercials before broadcasting them to the public. Technological nnovations, such as the blockchain technology and artificial intelligence are expected to boost the market growth. The technical advancements and growing number of service providers in this domain pose a threat to the standalone streaming giants in the market.
The Playout automation & channel-in-a-box technologies help to manage scheduling, trimming, mixing, ingesting, and SD to HD conversion along with improving graphics and quality of content delivered to the viewers. CiaB offers advanced playout solutions and a high level of customization and integration. Other factors that influence the market growth are rapid urbanization and increasing expenditure capacities of the consumers.
However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
In terms of the channel, the market is categorized into single channel and multiple channel.. The multiple channel is predicted to achieve the largest growth during the forecast years 2021-2028. On the other hand, the single channel seized the maximum market share in 2020 and it is likely to maintain its place throughout the forecast years.
End User Segment
Based on the End User, the market is segmented into international broadcaster and national broadcaster . The market for International Broadcaster is anticipated to possess the largest Market share in 2020. However, the national broadcaster segment is likely to grow with a significant growth rate.
Channel Application Segment
Based on the Channel Applicationsegment, the market is bifurcated into news, sports, entertainment, and cartoon & lifestyle. In 2020, the news accumulated the maximum market share and it is likely to continue its dominance throughout the forecast years. However, the Cartoon & Lifestyle segment had projected to attain major growth throughout the previous years.
The Europe and North America is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market in this region is mostly ascribed to the increased need for improved channel presentation, greater productivity, improved accuracy, and reduction in the overall cost in this area by companies in countries such as France, Germany, Italy and UK to compete against other regional players. However, the South America region is likely due to the collaborations between playout automation & channel-in-a-box to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the increasing number of television viewers and rising demand for sports broadcasting.
The major players of the global playout Automation & Channel-in-a-Box market are Harmonic, Inc., Pebble Beach Systems, Grass Valley USA LLC, Cinegy LLC, Snell Limited, Anyware Video company, Aveco s.r.o, Axel Technology Srl, BroadStream Solutions Inc., Evertz Microsystems Ltd, Florical Systems Inc, Imagine Communications, Pixel Power Ltd., PlayBox Technology (UK) Ltd, and Pixel Power Ltd. Renowned companies are offering new and modern playout automation & channel-in-a-box market. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategy to remain competitive in the global market.