The size of the global market for Peripheral Interventions is expected to reach $14.2 billion by 2028, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5%.
Factors driving the growth of the peripheral interventions market include increasing occurrence of cardiovascular conditions, growing adoption of non-invasive procedures and advancements in peripheral interventions devices.
The dominance of peripheral artery disease continues to surge globally. It is vital to recognize patients with peripheral artery disease due to the greater risk of stroke, myocardial infarction, cardiovascular death and reduced quality of life owing to profound curb in exercise performance.
Regionally, North America accounted for the largest market share of the global peripheral interventions market attributable to mounting number of catheterization laboratories. Leading players of the global peripheral interventions market include Abbott Laboratories, AtriCure Inc., AngioDynamics, Inc, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Cook Medical, W.L. Gore & Associates, Boston Scientific, Teleflex Inc., Cardinal Health, Medtronic plc, C.R. Bard among others.
Peripheral Interventions Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||$14.2 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.5 % during 2018-2028|
|Segment Covered||By Product, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Abbott Laboratories, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, AngioDynamics Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, W. L. Gore & Associates Inc, Cook Medical, Teleflex Incorporated, Becton Dickinson and Company (C.R. Bard), Medtronic, Cardinal Health Inc, Terumo Corporation, B. B. Braun Melsungen AG, Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, and DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson).|
Key segments of the global peripheral interventions market
Product Overview (USD Billion)
- Guide wires
- Atherectomy devices
- Embolic devices
- Thrombectomy devices
- IVC filters
Application Overview (USD Billion)
- Vascular diseases
Regional Overview (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Reasons for the study
- Increasing adoption of non-invasive procedures
- Technological advancements in peripheral interventions devices
- Growing number of catheterization laboratories coupled with increasing number of healthcare professionals in emerging markets
What does the report include?
- The study on the global peripheral interventions market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global peripheral interventions market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global peripheral interventions market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global peripheral interventions market
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) has a high morbidity and mortality, and the prevalence and costs associated with the diagnosis and management of PAD continually increase.1-3 Despite the increasing burden on the health care system, relatively few comparative effectiveness studies are being performed of patients with PAD in the United States. Multiple efforts by professional societies, academia, industry partners, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have recently been undertaken to better define the nomenclature and classification of how patients with PAD are evaluated and treated in clinical practice. Despite these efforts, the current state of evaluating patients with PAD and more specifically of evaluating medical devices used for peripheral vascular intervention (PVI) remain challenging because of the heterogeneity of the disease process (e.g., symptom classification, anatomic location of disease, severity of disease), the multiple physician specialties that care for these patients and perform PVI, the multitude of devices are available to treat PAD globally.
The global disposable thermometer market is categorized based on product and application.
By product: Stents was the largest market in 2020. High-tech developments in stents, together with emergent catherization laboratories in evolving markets will upturn the acceptance of stents through interventional procedures.
By application: Vascular diseases was the largest market in 2020, due to growing number of people suffering from peripheral artery disease. With mounting elderly populace and climbing demand for peripheral interventions procedures, the segment will observe rewarding growth.
Many of the global low and middle income countries (LMICs) are experiencing an epidemiological evolution. By means of a development in socioeconomic conditions, the epidemiological change has steered the rise of non-communicable ailments particularly cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). CVDs have emerged as the principal causes of death worldwide. In 2016, more than 75% of the 17.9 million deaths from CVDs occurred in LMICs. Ischaemic heart disease and cerebrovascular disease are accountable for the massive cardiovascular deaths in LMICs. Though exhaustive international efforts to avert and treat cardiovascular deaths in high income countries (HICs) and LMICs are ongoing. With an increasing life expectancy seen in most LMICs, arrhythmias due to ischaemic heart disease, sinus node dysfunction (SND) and heart block are probable to upsurge.