A lateral transfer procedure is a patient movement task, wherein a supine patient is moved from one horizontal surface to another. Traditionally, lateral transfers were performed using a draw sheet under the patient to facilitate the transfer between horizontal surfaces. However, previous biomechanical studies showed that using a draw sheet to perform lateral transfers subjects caregivers to large spinal loads and requires a significant amount of external force. Several devices claiming to offer solutions to a variety of transfer tasks are currently available commercially. Some have been evaluated, but others have not. General guidelines are available to inculcate safe patient-handling methods, but specific approaches for assistive transfer methods are not yet available.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for patient lateral transfer and the future growth potential of the market for patient lateral transfer across various segments, such as product and end user.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as high risk of injuries to caregivers during manual handling of patients, upsurge in ageing population and implementation of regulations to ensure safe patient handling are the key drivers of the global patient lateral transfer market.
As of June 2020, the U.S. had more than 1.8 million coronavirus cases and around 105,000 deaths whereas Canada had 93,000 cases and about 7,400 deaths due to coronavirus. COVID-19 has disturbed life over quite some time, almost every individual and business has had their day-to-day mundane intensely altered. The United States is most affected by the epidemic, and the number of COVID-19 diagnoses ranks first in the world. The outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has led to significant changes in patient lateral transfer worldwide, with potential impact on patients’ welfare.
Key Segments of the Global Patient Lateral Transfer Market
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Air-assisted lateral transfer mattress
- Sliding sheets
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Ambulatory surgical centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Patient Lateral Transfer Market
- Stryker Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Prism Medical Inc.
- Getinge AB
- EZ Way, Inc.
- HoverTech International
- Airpal, Inc.
- Patient Positioning Systems LLC
- McAuley Medical, Inc.
Reason for the study
- Implementation of regulations to ensure safe patient handling
- High risk of injuries to caregivers during manual handling of patients
What does the report include?
- The study on the global patient lateral transfer market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global patient lateral transfer market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global patient lateral transfer market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global patient lateral transfer market