The global paper chemicals market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 62.2 billion by 2028. Paper chemicals are the chemicals used for manufacturing of paper and to alter the properties of paper such as modifying its brightness and color along with enhancing resistance to wear and improving strength. A paper is passed through various process, including bleaching, pulping, sizing, and strengthening which in turn improve its characteristics. It is further treated with fillers, retention agents, and coating to enhance the quality, usability and ink retention properties of the paper.
The upsurge in the manufacturing of Specialty Chemical paper is driving the industry size. The rising utilization of the Specialty Chemical paper across food & beverage owing to the rising inclination toward packaged food is contributing to the product demand. Furthermore, the growing penetration of paper Specialty Chemical across consumer goods, electrical & electronics industry is further anticipated to stimulate the industry landscape in the coming years.
Paper Chemicals Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 62.2 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 2.2% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Form, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Kemira Oyj, BASF, Akzonobel N.V., Ecolab, Solenis, Ashland Inc., Harima Chemicals Group, Inc., Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., Archroma, IVAX Paper Chemicals Ltd.|
Key Segments of the Global Paper Chemicals Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Process Chemicals
- Functional Chemicals
- Pulp Chemicals
Form Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Specialty Chemicals
- Commodity Chemicals
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Paper Chemicals market.
- Paper Chemicals is widely used for various end uses as functional types, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing use of process chemicals, there is a rise in the demand for Paper Chemicals which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Paper Chemicals market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Paper Chemicals industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Type and Form. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Paper Chemicals market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Paper Chemicals market.
- Managers within the Paper Chemicals industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Paper Chemicals market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Paper Chemicals market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Growing demand for flexible paper Specialty Chemical on account of shifting consumer focus toward reducing the environmental degradation of plastic coupled with a positive outlook toward adoption of environment friendly paper is anticipated to propel the industry growth. In addition, cost effectiveness from the utilization owing to its recyclable nature further reinforce the industry growth. Moreover, strict government norms to reduce the dependability on non-biodegradable substance along with regulatory efforts to reduce carbon emissions will complement the industry size over the forecast timeline.
Ongoing technological development regarding the Form and recycling nature of paper along with shifting focus to adopt sustainable practices in order to reduce harmful impact on the environment is driving the industry size. Rising product utilization for labelling and Specialty Chemical Forms coupled with the growing penetration of enhanced Specialty Chemical practices is escalating the product demand. Furthermore, shifting consumer inclination toward packaged food on account of changing consumer habits along with growing middle class income across the developing nations will drive the industry growth in the coming years.
Over the years, growing awareness across the globe regarding sustainable Specialty Chemical and utilization of resources has significantly contributed toward the upsurge in the demand for paper-based Specialty Chemical products. However, the growing penetration of digitalization for reading and writing purpose may hamper the industry size. Although, ongoing research & development activities to improve the characteristics and Form of paper will proliferate the industry size.
Based on the type, the market is segmented into Process Chemicals, Functional Chemicals, Pulp Chemicals. The pulp chemicals agents segment has the largest share in the market in 2019 and the market is forecasted to grow with the significant rate of above 2.5% CAGR over the forecast period. Paper Chemicals market is segmented into specialty chemicals, and commodity chemicals. In 2020, the specialty chemicals is accounted for major contributors in revenue and it is expected to lead the paper chemicals industry thorough the forecast timeline.
Asia Pacific is analyzed to attain a major share over the forecasted period. Changing lifestyle leading to increase in consumption of packaged foods coupled with a positive economic outlook across the emerging economies, including China, and India is anticipated to spur the industry growth. The ongoing shift to establish manufacturing facilities across the region from North America, and Europe owing to low labor cost and cheap raw material is fueling the industry size. Further, ongoing investment to expand existing manufacturing capacities in order to rising demand emerging from increasing population across the region will further escalate the industry share in the coming years.
The major players of the global paper chemical market comprise of Kemira Oyj, BASF, Akzonobel N.V., Ecolab, Solenis, Ashland Inc., Harima Chemicals Group, Inc., Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., Archroma, IVAX Paper Chemicals Ltd. The market for paper chemical is consolidated with the presence of established global and domestic players across the globe. Moreover, the established companies are shifting focus toward establishing manufacturing facilities associated with production of paper. Furthermore, the industry players are coming up with inorganic growth strategies to expand their market presence.