Organic yeast is grown and processed in accordance with the principles of organic agriculture. The yeast's raw materials are derived from organic agriculture. Unlike conventional yeast, which uses ammonia or similar compounds as a nitrogen source, organic yeast uses plant-derived nitrogen.
In an age when “organic” has become a buzzword both on account of its eco-friendly nature and health benefits, no wonder then organic yeasts are becoming a key ingredient in baking breads. Although still a niche segment on account of its expensiveness resulting from steep production costs, it still holds out promise. While at present mainly the health conscious upwardly mobile consumers mostly prefer them, with better production techniques and greater awareness among the masses about its benefits, it would likely gain traction in the future.
A noticeable trend observed in the market is keen players pulling out every stop to manufacture new varieties of organic yeast formulated from simple and clean ingredients and enhancing flavors and taste. Sensing an opportunity in the market for organic food ingredients, many new players are expected foray into the space, thus making the landscape fragmented and competitive.
The global organic yeast market size is predicted to reach over USD XX billion by 2028. This can be ascribed to the rising consumer awareness regarding health and wellness, rising need to replace monosodium glutamate (MSG) as an additive in food products, and surged demand for organic food products globally are driving market growth.
However, stringent government regulations involved in the production of organic yeast is likely hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, the production costs of organic yeast are higher than those of conventionally produced yeast. This could lead to lower product yields. Moreover, rising awareness about health and wellness, and surged need to replace MSG as food additives are probably to create opportunities for organic yeast market in the upcoming years.
Organic Yeast Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Species, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||NOW Foods, Doves Farm Foods Ltd., Bluebonnet Nutrition, Solgar Inc., Frontier Natural Products, Imperial Yeast, Ohly, Marigold Health Foods Ltd., Martin Braun-Gruppe, and Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods.|
Key Segments of the Global Organic Yeast Market
Types Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Yeast Derivatives
- Inactive Dry Yeast
- Yeast Extracts
- Nutritional Yeast
Application Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
Species Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global organic yeast market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global organic yeast market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the organic yeast industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, application, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global organic yeast market. The report will benefit every stakeholder involved in the organic yeast market.
- Managers within the organic yeast industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global organic yeast market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global organic yeast market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The globally rising demand for organic bakery products will drive the organic yeast market in the forecast period. Consumer perceptions such as avoiding synthetic chemicals, higher nutritional value involvement, and concerns about antibiotic drug residues are some factors driving the growth of the market. The yeast is known as organic, when yeast is part of the 95% of the ingredients of agricultural origin, by weight. The global food industry is witnessing a continuous change in consumer preference in the recent years and the eco-conscious eaters will likely boost the product market growth by 2024. Food items made with organic yeast contain more whole food ingredients than conventional breads. This is increasing demand for chemical-free ingredients, which will drive the product market growth.
Based on the type segment, the market is bifurcated into yeast derivatives, inactive dry yeast, yeast extracts, and nutritional yeast. In 2020, the yeast extracts segment accumulated the maximum market share and it is likely to continue its dominance throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is largely ascribed to the wide application in soups and broths, sauces, seasonings and dressings, snacks and savory products to impart a "umami" flavor to food. It is frequently used in vegan and vegetarian foods as a substitute for cheese and dairy-based ingredients.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into nutrition, food, feed, and beverages. The food sector seized the maximum market share in 2020 and it is likely to maintain its place throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is largely ascribed rising demand for a substitute to MSG to boost the growth of the organic yeast market.
Based on the species, the market is segmented into kluyveromyces, candida, saccharomyces, and torulaspora. The saccharomyces segment gathered the major market share in 2020 and it is likely to continue its dominance throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is largely ascribed to its wide application in the production of yeast extracts, inactive dry yeast, and nutritional yeast.
The Europe region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the presence of large number of organic yeast manufactures. However, the Asia-Pacific is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth will be attributed to the change consumer lifestyles and rising tendency among them to adopt modern food trends.
The major players of the global organic yeast market are NOW Foods, Doves Farm Foods Ltd., Bluebonnet Nutrition, Solgar Inc., Frontier Natural Products, Imperial Yeast, Ohly, Marigold Health Foods Ltd., Martin Braun-Gruppe, and Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods.