Organic peroxide is a compound that comprises of two oxygen atoms combined together. Its compounds are used as activators, accelerators, cross-linking agents, catalysts, curing agents, promoters, initiators, and hardeners. It is further used to initiate the polymerization processes to develop plastic polymers such as polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene, and other products like fiberglass. The different types of organic peroxides exhibit diverse properties, which supports the manufacturing of various polymers comprising different characteristics. This capability further expands its applications across coatings, chemicals & plastics, paper & textiles, and adhesives & elastomers.
The size of the global market for organic peroxide was estimated at US$ 1.7 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2022 to US$ 2.45 billion by 2032.
The organic peroxide market is expected to observe a growth rate of around 4% over the forecasted timeframe. The ongoing expansion of paper & textile industry, rapid industrialization, along with increasing demand for plastics & rubber is driving the industry growth. The rising population across the globe along with growing demand for numerous consumer goods and products is stimulating the business landscape. In addition, changing lifestyle, and shifting consumer habits is further favoring the complementing the industry.
The escalating demand for the product based materials along with rising resilience across the supply chain system has favored market growth. As a result, the industry players are showing emphasis toward integrating advanced technologies and expanding production volume in order to suffice the demand upsurge. For instance, in 2019, Nouryon doubled production capacity at its manufacturing facility in China for to enhance export and cater local market demand.
across organic peroxide market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2032||US$ 2.45 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.2 % during 2022-2032|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Arkema, Nouryon, Pergan GmbH, NOF Corporation, United Initiators, Novichem, and MPI Chemie B.V, including others|
Key segments across organic peroxide market
- Chemicals & Plastics
- Adhesives & Coatings
- Paper & Textiles
- Personal Care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global organic peroxide industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global organic peroxide includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global organic peroxide industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global organic peroxide industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global organic peroxide industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The organic peroxide possesses capabilities to exhibit various properties, which in turn have expanded its application across various industries. Rising climate change concerns and shifting focus toward renewable materials along with ongoing research & development activities across product development is favoring the product growth. Furthermore, ongoing up-gradation activities coupled with the growing integration of advanced technology across the processing industry is further fostering the industry. The rapid industrialization led to extensive utilization for plastic, chemicals, and paper, which in turn proliferated the product demand. Although, safety issues and hazardous characteristic associated with organic peroxide has hampered its escalated adoption. However, increasing research and development activities toward improving the product characteristics and capabilities in order to improve its application and longevity is expected to stimulate the business outlook in the coming years.
On the basis of the type segment, the market is categorized into percarbonates, diacyl, ketone, peroxyesters, hydroperoxides, dialkyl, and peroxyketals. The Diacyl peroxide dominates the global organic peroxide market in 2018 and is anticipated to gain a significant growth for the forecast period 2019-2025.
Based on application, the segment is divided into chemicals & plastics, adhesives & coatings, detergents, paper & textiles, personal care, and others segment. The paper & textile segment is analyzed to hold a significant share over the forecast timeline owing to rising demand from end-users across developing countries.
North America is analyzed to hold a significant share across the global organic peroxide market in the coming years. The significant demand from multiple industries such as chemicals, automotive, electrical & electronics, and cosmetics have upheld the product demand. The growing expenditure to establish new production facilities and increasing volume capacities at established sites is further favoring industry growth.
The leading players operating across the global organic peroxide market include Arkema, Nouryon, Pergan GmbH, NOF Corporation, United Initiators, Novichem, and MPI Chemie B.V, including others. The market for organic peroxide is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new companies. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through implementation of merger & acquisition, collaboration growth strategies. For instance, in October 2018, the AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals is relaunched as Nouryon, with the acquisition of the business by GIC and The Carlyle Group.