During the last 5 to 7 years, the advantages of diagnostic molecular techniques have been so widely publicized that increasing pressure has been placed on clinical microbiology laboratories to apply them for the detection of a wide variety of infectious agents, especially since test kits for some applications are being made commercially available.
The global Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing market size is expected to reach close to US$ 5.25 Bn by 2029 with an annualized growth rate of ~7.3% through the projected period.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for nucleic acid amplification testing and the future growth potential of the market for nucleic acid amplification testing across various segments, such as technique and application.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as growing rising prevalence of infectious diseases and growing demand for advanced diagnostic measures are the key drivers of the global nucleic acid amplification testing market.
The main problems facing molecular diagnostic techniques are the false-positive and false-negative results. The former may be avoided by the use of the correct controls in optimal working circumstances, i.e., good laboratory practice. Furthermore, any new or unusual findings should be confirmed by an independent amplification reaction. Laboratories engaging in molecular diagnostic techniques should first attain a proficiency level that excludes contamination.
The introduction of amplification techniques into the clinical diagnostic laboratory is also affected by the staff and space available and, if the decision is made to introduce them, whether they will be added to or replace existing procedures. In conclusion, laboratories can apply molecular diagnostic techniques only if they comply with stringent external quality control requirements.
Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|US$ 5.25 Bn
|CAGR of 7.3% during 2019-2029
|Applications, Technique, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America
|Key Players Profiled
|Agilent Technologies, Danaher Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, Qiagen
Key Segments of the Global Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing Market
Technique Overview, (USD Billion)
- Target Amplification Systems
- Probe Amplification Systems
- Signal Amplification
Application Overview, (USD Billion)
- Infectious Diseases
- Personalized Medicine
- Genetic and Mitochondrial Disorders
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing Market
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- bioMérieux SA
- Novartis AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
Reason for the study
- Increasing investments for the development of new biotechnological diagnostic techniques
- Growing prevalence of infectious diseases
What does the report include?
- The study on the global nucleic acid amplification testing market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of technique and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global nucleic acid amplification testing market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global nucleic acid amplification testing market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global nucleic acid amplification testing market