The global Newborn Screening Instruments market is anticipated to increase at a 7.8% CAGR to reach value US$ 1.1 Billion in 2032
It is expected that the growing neonatal population base, the cases of congenital diseases in newborns, favorable government initiatives & regulations, and technical developments will act as critical drivers of the demand for newborn screening. One of the main demand factors is the growing neonatal population. More than 88 billion births were registered in 2015, resulting in around 250 births per minute, according to the global population meter. About 2.8 million of these babies died within the first month due to a shortage of professional nursing and infant screening. Organizations such as the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Safe Newborn Network, etc., are making attempts to inform parents about suspected diseases and their diagnostic protocols to discourage this figure from rising. In addition, 100 percent screening of all children born in private sector hospitals has been mandated by North American agencies.
Most countries have newborn screening laws, where funding for the service is explicitly defined, separate criteria that require screening, and exemptions. The market for these treatments is expected to be impacted by the advent of technical innovations, growing parental paranoia and the availability of alternative therapeutic methods to diagnose approximately 29 potential conditions, such as phenylketonuria (PKU), galactosemia (GS), congenital hypothyroidism (CH) and neonatal hearing disorders.
Over the study period, increasing acceptance and growing demands for newborn diagnoses are anticipated to accelerate demand. The creation of diagnostic facilities is also expected to trigger the market movement. Taiwan, for example, developed the first international quality assurance programme for G6PD monitoring in 2009. More than 4.0 million infants are screened annually for metabolism-related disorders in all 50 U.S. states, as per figures released by the CDC.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for newborn screening instruments and the future growth potential of the market for newborn screening instruments across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
Due to the increasing prevalence of congenital defects and mandated screening in all the 50 parts of the country, North America dominated the global majority of the newborn screening market.as an awareness initiative, public health agencies have released free data and built websites that are aimed to assist parents deal with these conditions better. Members of congress in the U.S. approved the Prenatal Screening Saves Lives Reauthorization Act in 2014 to renew and update the federal newborn screening programmes. Over the forecast period, Asia Pacific is projected to experience lucrative growth owing to the accessibility of favorable health care schemes drawn up by government agencies. Improving knowledge for parents is also a major factor for increasing number of screenings post birth across countries.
Key vendors in the market include GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc, Agilent Technologies Inc, Waters Corp, Trivitron Healthcare, PerkinElmer, and any among others.
Newborn Screening Instruments Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2032
|US$ 1.1 Billion
|CAGR of 7.8 % during 2022-2032
|by Product, by Test Type, by Technology, by End User, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|PerkinElmer, Demant A/S, Natus Medical Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Medtronic Plc., Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH, Trivitron Healthcare, Babieses, RECIPE Chemicals + Instruments GmbH
Key Segments of the Global Newborn Screening Instruments Market
- Reagents & Assay Kits
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Pulse Oximetry
- Enzyme Based Assays
- DNA Assays
- Dry Blood Spot Test
- Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD)
- Hearing Screen
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Newborn Screening Instruments Market
- Covidien Plc.
- AB SCIEX
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies
- Masimo Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- Natus Medical
- PerkinElmer Inc
- GE Lifesciences
- Trivitron Healthcare
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of newborn screening instruments market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on Newborn Screening Instruments market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global newborn screening instruments market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the newborn screening instruments market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about newborn screening instruments market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global newborn screening instruments market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.