The global nanoclay reinforcement market demand stood at 262.7 kilo tons in 2017 assisted by the increasing demand for lightweight and highly durable materials. Another factor resulting in the nanoclay reinforcement market growth is the surging demand for reinforced plastics in various end-use industries such as medical, aerospace, construction, automobiles, electrical and electronics.
Global Nanoclay Reinforcement Market, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons), (USD Billion)
Nanoclays are derived from natural clays, which consist mainly of finely divided mineral particles. They are easily available, environmentally friendly and low-cost clays. The clay particles are layered silicates, compounds based on silicone, oxygen, and other elements.
The development of nanoclays as fillers or additives in polymers was of great interest to research and development for different desired effects. Adding nanoclays to plastics results in improved abrasion properties, excellent surface qualities, low thermal expansion, increased tensile strength, and good processing properties.
Packaging segment had a valuation of USD 689.5 million in 2017. Food packaging plays an important role in the preservation of food throughout the supply chain. A package provides protection, resistance, and special physical, chemical, or biological needs. The growing demand for high-quality food and environmental concerns for sustainable development have encouraged food industry researchers to exploit green biodegradable nanocomposites. The development of new food packaging (modified atmosphere and active packaging) has increased food shelf life in recent years.
Nanoclay is one of the most popular materials used in the food packaging industry. The tiny clay particles are embedded into the plastic used for packagings, such as polypropylene and polyethylene. The nanoclay particles act as impenetrable barriers in the diffusion process, thus increasing the shelf life of the food while improving its quality. The final package is also much lighter, stronger and heat resistant.
Flexible packaging is expected to stimulate growth over the forecast period with an increasing demand for low costs. The growing demand for new materials for food packaging that meet people's requirements has led to the development of nanomaterials. Additionally, the expanding food & beverages industry to boost nanoclay reinforcement market demand in packaging.
Global Nanoclay Reinforcement Market Share, By End-User Industry, 2017 (%)
On the basis of end-user industry, construction held a market share of 21.8% in 2017 in the global nanoclay reinforcement market size. Nanoclay reinforcement has emerged as an alternative solution to improve the durability performance and strength of construction materials. Nanoclay is a naturally occurring material and produced in large scales which makes it less expensive. Increasing awareness of the use of nanoclay reinforced materials for efficiency improvement and higher barrier properties are expected to fuel growth. Increasing construction activities across the globe on account of growing urban population, demand for green buildings and increased industrialization is projected to offer opportunities for the global nanoclay reinforcement market growth.
Asia Pacific revenues accounted for 23.1% of the global nanoclay reinforcement market share in 2017. Increasing foreign and domestic investments, government spending and rapid urbanization are some of the current nanoclay reinforcement market trends prevailing in Asia Pacific. Emerging economies such as China, India, and South Korea have been witnessing an increasing consumption of food & beverage products which in turn is driving packaging materials market demand. The food packaging industry in China is expected to grow at a significant rate owing to its expanding middle class and their rising purchasing power, thereby, boosting Asia Pacific nanoclay reinforcement market growth. Due to their ability to improve coverage and color retention for lipsticks, the increasing use of nanoclay reinforcement materials in cosmetics is also likely to help regional growth. Governments across the region are also aiding the nanoclay reinforcement market growth by supporting research and development.
The global nanoclay reinforcement market analysis covers the players having a regional and global presence. Companies including BYK Additives, Minerals Technologies Inc., Nanophase Technologies, Inframat Corporation, Laviosa Chimica Mineraria SpA, 3M ESPE, Powdermet, Hybrid Plastics, Zyvex Technologies, Du Pont (E.I) De Nemours and Axson Technologies SA, among others have a broader presence within the global Nanoclay Reinforcement market.
Nanoclay Reinforcement Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 9.1 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.8% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||End-User Industry , Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||reinforcement market analysis includes Minerals Technologies Inc., BYK Additives, Nanophase Technologies, 3M ESPE, Laviosa Chimica Mineraria SpA, Powdermet, Inframat Corporation,|
Key segments of the global nanoclay reinforcement market
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Automotive parts
End-User Industry Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Electronic components & appliances
- Military & defence
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key Players analysed in the report include
- BYK Additives
- Nanophase Technologies
- 3M ESPE
- Laviosa Chimica Mineraria SpA
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global nanoclay reinforcement market
- Chemical resistance, thermal stability, mechanical strength, and anti-corrosiveness are the properties that have boosted the demand for nanoclay reinforcement across the globe.
- The global nanoclay reinforcement market has been mainly driven by its widening applicability.
- Automotive parts segment application is projected to witness fastest growth in the coming years owing to its vehicle weight reduction, improved engine efficiency, reduced CO2 emissions and higher performance.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global nanoclay reinforcement market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, trends, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain analysis and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis.
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of Application and application.
- The report provides a deep-dive data analysis for all the applications.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or country presence.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global nanoclay reinforcement market, who want an in-depth insight into the movement of the global nanoclay reinforcement market. The report will benefit:
- Executives of global nanoclay reinforcement companies that are engaged in the Nanoclay Reinforcement production and exporting
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to global nanoclay reinforcement market
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global nanoclay reinforcement market
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions for producing nanoclay reinforcement
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies