It’s being expected that by 2030, the Mycoplasma Testing market cap will hit $1.99 billion at a CAGR growth of about 13.2%.
The mycoplasma contamination is a significant problem for all pharma & biotech firms as it will lead to human diseases and interact with cell culture. In culture, mycoplasma generally alters the replication of mammalian cells and other cellular processes that typically lead to a decrease in the production of recombinant proteins. Checking for mycoplasma infection in the processing of substrates for cell culture is also important. Contamination of mycoplasma typically originates from products of cell culture, such as serum, or an infected operator.
Different government agencies are gradually funding research programs in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology fields. For example, to promote research-based efforts for new drug production, the U.S. government extends financial assistance to multinational pharmaceutical firms. The FDA in April 2019 stated its decision to change the regulations for the single research form used for mycoplasma detection.
According to the department, the legislation is stringent in nature and therefore prohibits the use of other types of research that could have the ability to diagnose mycoplasma reliably. These developments in the regulation of biologics are supposed to increase the sensitivity and accuracy of mycoplasma detection tests, and new methods are emerging. The growth in federal support for pharmaceutical and biotechnology research has also accelerated R&D operations, fostering the tremendous application of mycoplasma testing.
Owing to massive investments in R&D activities by pharma & biotech firms, the segment accounted for the highest market share in 2019. These industries are involved in raw material quality controls, thereby ensuring biological safety management. Also, due to an increase in the prevalence of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis, the biopharmaceutical industry is growing.
The global mycoplasma testing market is categorized based on the product, technology, application, and end-use. Region-wise, North America mycoplasma testing accounted for the majority of the market share in 2019. However, due to the substantial awareness and funding initiatives developed by countries such as India, Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region by 2028. Different developmental measures are being pursued by the Indian Government to promote additional R&D programs to launch new medicines. Also, in the near term, regulatory measures implemented by healthcare organizations favoring changes in the efficiency of biosafety are projected to expand growth opportunities.
Mycoplasma Testing Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2030||$1.99 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 13.2 % during 2022-2030|
|Segment Covered||By Product, Technique, Application, End user, Region.|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Charles River Laboratories, Inc., Merck KGaA, Lonza Group Ltd, Roche Diagnostics, SGS S.A., American Type Culture Collection, Invivogen, Wuxi Apptec, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Promocell GmbH|
Key segments of the global mycoplasma testing market
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Kits & Reagents
Technology Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Direct Assay
- Indirect Assay
- Microbial Culture Techniques
- Enzymatic Methods
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Cell Line Testing
- Virus Testing
- End of Production Cells Testing
End-Use Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Academic Research Institutes
- Cell Banks
- Contract Research Organizations
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Mycoplasma Testing Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- PromoCell GmbH
- American Type Culture Collection
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc.
- Biological Industries Israel Beit Haemek Ltd.
- Eurofins Scientific
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Mycoplasma Testing industry
- The overall segmentation of Mycoplasma Testing market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of Mycoplasma Testing market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global mycoplasma testing market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global mycoplasma testing market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Mycoplasma Testing providers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global mycoplasma testing market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global mycoplasma testing market