The market size for the global mold release agent is projected to reach USD 5,085.94 Million by 2028. The growing demand for mold release coated plastics, speedily increasing construction activities, and rising expenditure on research and development activities are driving the growth of the target market. Rapid urbanization and growing disposable income, globally flourishing food processing sector, increasing crude oil production across the globe, and growing automobile production and sales along with the rising lubricant usage are estimated to propel the growth of the global mold release agent market over the forecast period. Employment of strict laws and regulations by different government bodies on the use of toxic organic chemicals in the production of mold release may hinder the target market growth.
Mold release agents are mainly used for shielding mold surfaces against damaging compounds and also for simply releasing parts from complex dies. It is a chemical used to prevent the adhesion of molding surfaces to substrates. These chemical agents make a boundary between the mold surface and substrate to stop the mixing of surface and substrate. A mold release agent is planned, predominantly for casting and mold making, and works with typically liquid plastic products and liquid rubber. It can also release mold from rubbers, plaster, wood, concrete, and few modeling clays. These mold release agents are effective over an extensive temperature spectrum, ranging from 65°F to 500°F.
Key Segments of the Global Mold Release Agent Market
Product Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rubber Molding
- Plastic Molding
- PU Molding
- Wood Composite & Panel Pressing
- Composite Molding
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global mold release agent market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global mold release agent market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the mold release agent industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on product type and Application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global mold release agent market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the mold release agent market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global mold release agent market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global mold release agent market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Mold release agents have exceptional greasing and cooling properties, antibacterial, and anticorrosion properties, and high constancy and efficiency at high mold temperatures. Owing to these properties, they are extensively used in the die-casting industry.
Key players operating in the target market are more focused on business strategies to enter into the global market. Though, the global market is observing a growing shift toward the alliance. This can be attributed to mergers and acquisitions by major key players operating in the U.S. and Europe to exploit untapped emerging markets such as Africa and the Asia Pacific. For instance, in June 2019, Henkel showcased its new Bonderite product at ‘GIFA 2019’, an event held at Düsseldorf, Germany. The product is developed for die-casting solutions employed for lubricating, surface treatment, cleaning, and bonding.
Product Type Segment
The global mold release agent market is segmented into water-based and solvent-based. The water-based mold release agent product type is projected to lead the mold release agents market in terms of revenue. The lack of various harmful chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in water-based types makes them beneficial to the environment and they also omit the risks regarding safety and health compared to solvent-based mold release agents. The rising awareness about the use of environmentally friendly products has augmented, and this leads to its growing demand. Besides, water-based mold release agents are non-flammable, which is further raising its demand.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into die-casting, rubber molding, plastic molding, PU molding, concrete, wood composite & panel pressing, and composite molding. The increasing demand for PU in numerous applications such as automotive seating, interior spaces of automobiles, furniture, bedding, and footwear soles is driving its demand. The second-largest application is expected to be the die casting segment and is expected to lead the target market over the forecast period owing to the growing use of die casting in the automotive sector and the organic development of vehicles in the future.
The global mold release agent market has a wide presence in North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific is anticipated to attain the largest market share in the global mold release agents in the given timeframe, in terms of revenue. The presence of leading key players operating in the market, such as Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), TAG Chemical India Pvt. Ltd. (India), and Daikin Industries Ltd. (Japan), has a positive impact on the market. Moreover, growth in die-casting, rubber molding, PU molding, composite molding, wood composite & panel pressing, plastic molding, and concrete applications in the region is growing the demand for mold release agents.
The major players of the global mold release agent market are LORD Corporation, Chem-Trend L.P., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), McGee Industries, Inc., Miller-Stephenson, Inc., Daikin Industries Ltd., Croda International Plc, LANXESS Group, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Michelman, Inc., Marbocote Limited, and TAG Chemicals GmbH.