The demand for meningitis diagnostic tests is predicted to show steady growth in coming years. Due to factors such as the rise in the incidence of meningitis, the increase in demand for reliable and precise diagnosis, among others, the market for meningitis diagnostic testing is expected to witness substantial growth in the forecast era. Whereas developments in diagnostic technologies and competitive business dynamics are expected to open the market for start-up players to broader opportunities.
It’s being expected that by 2031, the Meningitis Diagnostic Tests market cap will hit US$ 83.51 Mn at a CAGR growth of about 3.7%.
Meningitis is characterized by inflammation of the membranes protecting the spinal cord and brain. Headaches, temperature and a sore neck are the symptoms displayed by meningitis. The most frequent forms of meningitis are caused by infectious, bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections. This can be diagnosed with blood sample testing, scanning, spinal tap, and other examinations.
Tests for meningitis can be conducted using various state-of-the-art technologies, including rapid diagnostic assays and analytical instrument analyzers. Growing demand for innovative medical technologies for effective diagnosis as well as increasing meningitis occurrence are driving the growth of the global market for meningitis diagnostic testing, but diverse regulatory mechanisms restrict the growth of the market for meningitis diagnostic testing.
The category of PCR assay testing is estimated to have the highest market share in the market for meningitis diagnostic testing. The highest consumer sales, relative to traditional studies, is attributed to its exceptionally detailed and reliable test findings with the highest sensitivity rate in a short period of time.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for meningitis diagnostic tests and the future growth potential of the market for meningitis diagnostic tests across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
In 2019, North America accounted for the major market of the world market for meningitis diagnostic tests, followed by Asia - pacific region with a significant presence. The availability of rapid diagnostic monitoring instruments and growing awareness of patients also propelled North America's market growth. Asia Pacific seems to be the most promising market and is expected to expand at the highest CAGR in the forthcoming years attributed to the prevalence of a large population, especially in China and India, undertaking diagnostic tests for meningitis, growing patient knowledge and improving diagnostic infrastructure.
Key vendors in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Nanosphere, Abbott Laboratories, ELITechGroup, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Fast Track Diagnostics Ltd., BioFire Diagnostics, IMMY, Qnostics, and many more. Demand for technologically innovative tests will exacerbate rivalry among the top players along with continuous innovation. Manufacturers pursue merger and partnership tactics to retain these variables in the industry that will contribute to strong competitive competition.
Meningitis Diagnostic Tests Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2031
|US$ 83.51 Mn
|CAGR of 3.7 % during 2021-2031
|Product Type, Panel Type, End-user, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, BioFire Diagnostics, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., ELITechGroup, Fast Track Diagnostics Ltd. (FTD) – Siemens Healthineers, IMMY, Nanosphere (Luminex Corporation), Qnostics, Seegene, Inc.
Key Segments of the Global Meningitis Diagnostic Tests Market
Test type Overview (USD Million)
- Latex Agglutination Tests
- Lateral Flow Assay
- PCR Assay
- ELISA Tests
- Culture Test
End User Overview(USD Million)
- Diagnostic Center
Regional Overview (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Meningitis Diagnostic Tests Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Fast Track Diagnostics Ltd.
- BioFire Diagnostics
- Luminex Corporation
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of meningitis diagnostic tests market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on meningitis diagnostic tests market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global meningitis diagnostic tests market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the meningitis diagnostic tests market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about meningitis diagnostic tests market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global meningitis diagnostic tests market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.