The global media monitoring tools industry is anticipated to reach USD 11 billion by 2028. The factors such as the increasing digital platforms including e-books, online newspapers & magazines, along with the advent of social media, are responsible for the global media monitoring tools industry growth. Moreover, the rising number of young subscribers on several social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, among others, owing to the growing penetration of mobile devices, are some other factors that are likely to spur the market growth over the forecast period.
Media monitoring includes watching, reading, and listening to the reporting content of media sources, and then categorizing & analyzing the content. Media monitoring also comprises monitoring editorial content of trade journals, newspapers, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. Besides, media monitoring tools are deployed to track the influence of news releases, to discover information about competitors, and to find new business prospects.
Key Segments of the Global Media Monitoring Tools Market
Component Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Organization Size Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Large Enterprise
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
- Media and Entertainment
- Retail & e-Commerce
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global media monitoring tools market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global media monitoring tools market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the media monitoring tools platform industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on components, organization size, and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global media monitoring tools market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the media monitoring tools market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global media monitoring tools market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global media monitoring tools market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The media monitoring tools are developed to know the social media existence, demographic information, and to enhance a brand’s reputation. The tools help to classify influencers and thought leaders, specific references about an individual, product, or company, and trending subjects or phrases through various social media platforms.
The rapidly rising volume of social media content is considerably contributing to the development of the media monitoring tools industry. Acceptance of these monitoring tools by enterprises functioning in different streams including marketing & communications to achieve various benefits such as mapping sentiments, tracking competitors, identifying trends, and understanding consumer behavior, has certainly influenced the market progression.
Industry leaders are implementing these tools to find different influencers and promote their brand image to stay forward in the market rivalry. Increased capital investment in digital marketing along with the growing dependencies of organizations on advertising platforms to reach their customers is likely to fuel the growth of the media monitoring tools market in the next five to seven years.
The global media monitoring tools market contains platform and service segments. In 2019, the platform segment is likely to hold a significant market share since there is a growing requirement for media monitoring platforms for applications such as customer experience management, real-time analytics, content management, and social media intelligence, among others. On the other hand, the service segment is likely to grow at a significant rate from 2020 to 2028.
Organization Size Segment
Based on the organization size segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are SMEs, and large enterprises. In 2019, the SME segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. However, the large enterprise segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The large enterprise enables organizations with a unified platform with SaaS-based services providing improved security.
Based on the end-user segment, the industry is bifurcated into IT & telecom, healthcare, BFSI, manufacturing, media & entertainment, retail & e-commerce, and others. In 2019, the retail & e-commerce segment gathered significant market revenue and it is anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. Most e-commerce platforms currently use social media to engross with current as well as prospective customers. These networks provide businesses the capability to communicate with consumers in real-time. Moreover, social media monitoring helps businesses to gauge how people talk about their brand online.
The global media monitoring tools industry is a wide range to North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in account-based marketing applications, owing to an outsized presence of organizations with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the media monitoring tools market in North America. However, the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to grow at a staggering CAGR over the forecast period.
The major players of the global media monitoring tools market are Google Inc., Brand24 S.A., Mention Solutions SAS, BuzzSumo Limited, Twitter Inc., Pinterest, Inc., Cyfe, Inc., Tailwind Capital Group, LLC, SumAll Inc., Buzzcapture B.V., Sprinklr, Inc., Klear, and more. The media monitoring tools platform market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.