The size of the global market for mechanical chest compression devices was estimated at $185 million in 2020 and is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% to reach USD 288 million by 2027.
Mechanical chest compression devices deliver high-quality chest compressions to patients in cardiac arrest. Mechanical chest compression devices when compared to manual device, delivers increased blood flow to vital organs and improves the resuscitation outcome in patients with cardiac arrest. However, h risks associated with use of mechanical chest compression devices such as the pause in chest compressions associated with their deployment will hinder the growth of the market in the next few years.
The aim of the report is to estimate the market size for mechanical chest compression devices and the future growth potential of the market for mechanical chest compression devices across various segments, such as type and end-users.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 and 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2019 and forecast from 2020 to 2028. Factors such as rise in prevalence of cardiovascular disorders leading to sudden cardiac arrest, rising geriatric population and increase in incidence of lifestyle disorders are the key drivers of the mechanical chest compression devices market. There is rapid rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases such as arrhythmia, tachycardia, and coronary artery disease across the globe. These diseases increase the risk of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), which causes huge disease burden on the healthcare systems. For instance, according to American Heart Association (AHA), approximately 347,322 adults witnessed an episode of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest resulting from coronary artery disease (CAD) in 2019. This is expected to drive the demand for mechanical chest compression devices in the future.
By type, the global mechanical chest compression devices market is segmented into pneumatic and electric. Based on mechanism, the market is categorized into piston devices and load distributing devices. Mechanical chest compression devices are majorly used for in-hospital cardiac arrest (IHCA) and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA). These devices are advantageous than manual compression devices in circumstances such as during ambulance transport to hospital, prior to organ donation, during cardiac catheterization, and during diagnostic imaging procedures.
U.S. grabbed majority share of the mechanical chest compression devices market in North America. The dominant share of the market is attributable to increase in incidence and growing burden of sudden cardiac arrest in the U.S. For instance, according to American Heart Association, the incidence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) in individuals of any age was 356,461 in 2019. This is likely to augment the demand for mechanical chest compression devices. Asia Pacific provides huge growth potential prospects over the forecast period due to presence of large target population suffering from cardiac disorders in developing countries such as China and India.
Mechanical Chest Compression Devices Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2027
|USD 288 million
|CAGR of 6.6 % during 2017-2027
|Type, End-user, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|ZOLL Medical Corporation, Stryker (Lucas), Defibtech, Landswick Medical, SunLife Science, Michigan Instruments, Henan Maisong Medical, SCHILLER, Corpuls, Ambul, Puray Instruments, Bangvo, Resuscitation International, AAT Alber Antriebstechnik GmbH
Key Segments of the Global Mechanical Chest Compression Devices Market
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Important Companies in Global Mechanical Chest Compression Devices Market
- ZOLL Medical Corporation
- Stryker (Lucas)
- Landswick Medical
- SunLife Science
- Michigan Instruments
- Henan Maisong Medical
- Puray Instruments
- Resuscitation International
- AAT Alber Antriebstechnik GmbH
Reasons for the study
- Increase in prevalence of cardiac disorders leading to sudden cardiac arrest
- Surge in elderly patient population across the globe
What does the report include?
- The study on the global mechanical chest compression devices market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, and end-user. Moreover, the study on mechanical chest compression devices market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global mechanical chest compression devices market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, hospitals, emergency care settings, cardiac centers, medical device manufacturers, critical care units, healthcare organizations, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global mechanical chest compression devices market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global mechanical chest compression devices marke