The demand for live cell encapsulation is predicted to show steady growth in coming years. Increasing public-private funding to finance product development is a key factor accrediting the growth of the live-cell encapsulation industry. In addition, demand development is being fueled by growing research initiatives to assess the therapeutic effectiveness of the cell encapsulation process. Increased outreach campaigns on the role of encapsulation of live cells in the treatment of major chronic diseases such as tumors, autoimmune diseases, etc. is predicted to be the major reason for market movement.
In the therapy of neurological diseases, live-cell encapsulation is a capable technology. Encapsulated drugs have high chances of crossing the blood brain barrier making them readily available therapeutic effect. This technology is antipcated to change the current landscape of treating CNS disorders. Type 1 diabetes is another condition that microencapsulation can treat. The pancreas beta islet cells are killed by the immune system in this state. Encapsulation can protect the drug rom biological environment and make them readily viable for absorption.
For the manufacture of pills, capsules, and intravenous dosage forms for successful delivery systems, cell encapsulation is performed. The growth of this segment involves the growing acceptance of drug delivery cell encapsulation, primarily due to its methodological advantages (such as improved efficacy, reduced toxicity, and improved patient compliance & convenience).
As a drug delivery mechanism, microencapsulation has multiple major benefits. It monitors the release rate of a fused medication specifically over cycles (hours to months), fast administration, pre-programmed drug-release profiles that conform to the patient's clinical requirements. Growing public-private investment and financing for the production of drug delivery services is the key force pushing the business sector.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for live cell encapsulation and the future growth potential of the market for live cell encapsulation across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
In 2019, North America accounted for the major market of the world market for live cell encapsulation, followed by Europe region with a significant presence. Market growth is attributed to factors such as the involvement of major players, increased per capita spending on healthcare, increased support and investment for research and development projects in the United States and Canada, and the main factors responsible for its significant market share are the existing healthcare system. Furthermore, some of the factors projected to accelerate business growth are favorable government policies and the heavy deployment of digital technologies in the area.
Key vendors in the market include Altucell, Inc, Viacyte, Inc., BÜCHI Labortechnik AG, Sigilon Therapeutics, Inc.,Blacktrace Holdings Ltd,, Evonik Industries,Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Living Cell Technologies Ltd.,Gloriana Therapeutics, Kadimastem, Sernova CorporationBeta-O2 Technologies, Inc.,BioTime, Inc. , and Defymed.
Key Segments of the Global Live Cell Encapsulation Market
Manufacturing Technique Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Simple Dripping
- Electrostatic Dripping
- Liquid Jet Break Up
- Coaxial Airflow
- Vibrating Jet
- Jet Cutting
- Rotating Disk Atomization
Polymer Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Siliceous Encapsulates
- Cellulose Sulfate
- Other Polymers
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Drug Delivery
- Regenerative medicine
- Cell Transplantation
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Live Cell Encapsulation Market
- BioTime, Inc.
- Viacyte, Inc.
- Living Cell Technologies Ltd
- Sigilon Therapeutics, Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- BÜCHI Labortechnik AG
- Blacktrace Holdings Ltd
- Sernova Corporation
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Gloriana Therapeutics
- O2 Technologies, Inc.
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of live cell encapsulation market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on live cell encapsulation market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global live cell encapsulation market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the live cell encapsulation market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about live cell encapsulation market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global live cell encapsulation market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.