We are presently in a novel era of digital orthodontics. This high-tech revolt has made orthodontic everyday routines fewer dependent on paper, radiation, and dental casts. By means of the underlying purpose of make things easier the conventional laboratory workflow along with decreasing inconsistencies when making dental casts and organizing their storage, the consumption of digital intraoral scanners has steered to a selection of clinical in-office applications. The former few years have seen a vivid growth in research linking scanners and the matter of conventional set against digital approaches.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for intraoral scanners and the future growth potential of the market for intraoral scanners across various segments, such as modality and end user.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as rising number of dental restorative procedures, surging ageing population and technological advancements are the key drivers of the global intraoral scanners market.
The benefit of digital intraoral scanners is an easier and faster digital impression method with greater efficiency and accuracy but less waste and, typically, lower cost. Although some of these proposed advantages continue to be scrutinized, most digital techniques have proven equal to or better than the conventional method. Irrespective of the brand, intraoral digital scanner systems consists of three main parts, image capture, data processing, and onscreen scan results. The key factor that impacts the performance of diverse scanners is the imaging technology. However, the most basic issue is the cost of bringing an intraoral scanners into clinical practice. The options available vary widely according to the different packages offered alongside the machine itself, which may include post scan software solutions, warranties, or annual fees for upgrading the system. Intraoral scanners require maintenance, in terms of both hardware calibration and software upgrades. It is worthwhile to question the length of the repair period and the availability of a replacement if a scanner malfunctions. This information typically requires further inquiry with the salesperson when negotiating a purchase because the situation may be varied.
Key Segments of the Global Intraoral Scanners Market
Modality Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Dental Clinics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
Important Companies in Global Intraoral Scanners Market
- Dentsply Sirona Inc.
- Align Technology Inc.
- Condor International
- Carestream Health Inc.
- Densys3D Ltd.
- The Straumann Group
- Guangdong Launca Medical Device Technology Co. Ltd.
- Planmeca Oy,
Reason for the study
- Rising number of dental restorative procedures
- Surging ageing population and technological advancements
What does the report include?
- The study on the global intraoral scanners market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of modality and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global intraoral scanners market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global intraoral scanners market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global intraoral scanners market