Intracranial pressure (ICP) observing is a fundamental of neurocritical care. The utmost frequently used existing approaches of checking in the acute setting consist of fluid-based systems, Doppler ultrasonography and implantable transducers. It is well proven that controlling of high ICP is serious for clinical consequences. Nevertheless, several studies show that present means of ICP monitoring cannot consistently define the limit of the brain’s inherent compensatory ability to cope surges in pressure, which would permit for upbeat ICP management.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for intracranial pressure monitoring devices and the future growth potential of the market for intracranial pressure monitoring devices across various segments, such as technique and application.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as growing cases of head and brain injury and increasing dominance of neurodegenerative conditions are the key drivers of the global intracranial pressure monitoring devices market.
Traumatic brain injury is the third prominent source of demise by injury in the United States, with a yearly approximation of around 1.7 to 2.5 million people diagnosed each year. It is more common in male population, with less than 30 years of age. The effects of traumatic brain injury have distressing longstanding effects for patients and their relatives, and for the public and the U.S. economy. Traumatic brain injury severity is normally categorized as mild, moderate, or severe rendering to an individual’s neurological signs and symptoms. Mild traumatic brain injury was shown to be more prominent in traumatic brain injury patients from 2016 to 2018. Records on injury severity is principally important as, severe traumatic brain injury normally has poorer clinical problems and prospects than mild or moderate traumatic brain injury and is probable to require expensive long-term care and nursing owing to medical impediments. However, traumatic brain injury severity is known to decrease with increasing age, suggesting that younger people are more prone to severe traumatic brain injury.
Key Segments of the Global Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
Technique Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- DePuy Synthes
- RAUMEDIC Inc.
- Boston Neurosciences
- Sophysa SA
- Medtronic Plc
- Natus Medical Incorporated
Reason for the study
- Increasing cases of head and brain injury
- Increasing prevalence of neurodegenerative disorders
What does the report include?
- The study on the global intracranial pressure monitoring devices market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of technique and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global intracranial pressure monitoring devices market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global intracranial pressure monitoring devices market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global intracranial pressure monitoring devices market