The global IGBT market is projected to remain resilient while recording an impressive market size of approximately USD 8.7 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 11% although the forecast span. The rising demand for the product and services has led to this huge market growth. Upward growth traits in Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) market could be ascertained due to the ongoing advances in adoption of renewable energy. This is again creating fresh avenues for IGBT as it is used in EVS and other end-use applications such as marine and aerospace vehicles which are also gradually shifting towards sustainable energy consumption. Additionally, ever increasing power electronics applications and the high return on investment is also boosting the market growth.
However, the main drawbacks of the IGBT (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) such as slow turn-off speed and high possibility of static latchup due to internal PNPN type structure is likely to hamper the global IGBT latchup market growth. Furthermore, recent design advances in IGBT to enhance turn off speed and new additions like cell geometry that is chosen to yield high latchup current capability and low forward-voltage drop are anticipated to be an opportunity to the global IGBT market.
The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor is widely gaining mainstream adoption as an alternative electronic switch to mediate efficient fast switching and it is a semiconductor power device. The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor is usually used to provide high voltage rating, high current rating, and high input impedance to the semiconductor device. For example, high voltage power IGBT modules for industrial use. The purpose of using IGBT in industrial applications is to use smaller chip size that is possible with IGBT, reduce costs, easily control devices of high voltage and high current applications, provide excellent forward and reverse blocking capabilities.
The competition is fierce among the new entrants and traditional players racing to provide prime IGBT modules to the customers. Also, emerging players are providing healthy offerings of IGBT (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) in the market encompassing latest advancements in power devices.
The main IGBT manufacturers spread all over the world and dominating the semiconductor space are Infineon Technologies, GeneSiC Semiconductors, ROHM, Microsemi, ON Semiconductor, Powerex, Microchip, Vishay, and STMicroelectronics. The new market players are providing innovative design and processes for the Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. Interestingly, the previously recognized players are introducing new and advanced solutions to stay ahead of the competition.
Igbt Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 8.7 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 11% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Power Rating, End User, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Infineon Technologies, GeneSiC Semiconductors, ROHM, Microsemi, ON Semiconductor, Powerex, Microchip, Vishay, and STMicroelectronics.|
Key Segments of the Global IGBT Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Power Rating Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Technology
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- To summarize recent trends and advances in global IGBT market (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) market finally present promising strategies to augment future growth.
- To ensure you inculcate the market insights such as past & present market development, forecasts, segmentation, competitive landscape, industry value chain, and Covid-19 impact analysis.
- To shed light in brief on the global IGBT market and share details concerning the market and analysis providing the existing growth opportunities in different business verticals.
What does the report include?
- The report includes data evaluation of all the segments mentioned above as well as the market share registered region-wise.
- The consumption growth rate by regions based on product and applications.
- The report includes market share of individual product categories.
- Facts related to each product and segment in the market along with the sales price, annual revenue, and estimated growth rate in forecasted years.
- Market share related data for of each product application and growth rate estimates are slated in the report.
- The report includes the concerning market forces influencing the competitiveness of the segments and its impact on the revenue graph of the segments.
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global IGBT (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) market is a ready-to-go-to document which is crucial for all the players, both veterans and new entrants seeking barrier-free entrance and participation. Other stakeholders such as manufacturers, distributors, supply chain operators may all benefit from this extended report on global IGBT market.
- Venture capitalists and investors seeking insightful data about the Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor for planning better future strategies in the global IGBT market.
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academic professionals looking for better knowledge about the market
The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor industry report provides an interrupted and stable power supply that reduces power congestion and optimal utilization of power. Thus applications that require higher level of power reliability are increasing the scope of IGBT due to its aforementioned benefits. The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor has become a primary regulator of electrical energy as high stress conditions occur frequently in circuit applications.
The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor report also offers high voltage rating, high current rating, and high input impedance to the semiconductor device. The IGBT have become the key for many industries to reduce costs, obtain high efficiency with high short circuit tolerance. The growing focus of SME’s and other business integrate IGBT in their semiconductor devices is accelerating the use of Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor, thus reckoning favorable expansion in the IGBT (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) market. This is being increasingly used in high industry applications. The rising level of power semiconductor devices in terms of technology is contributing to the advancement of power electronics and accelerating the growth of global IGBT market.
On the basis of different approaches the market has been classified on the basis of type namely, discrete and modular. The discrete IGBT segment type is projected to attract more revenue in the global IGBT market. The discrete IGBT is identified to offer superlative extent of high-quality performance. This has increased its applications in the market such as in UPS, power conditioners, and more.
Power Rating Segment
The high power IGBT gathered the highest market share previously in the timeline and is expected to see improved growth in the forecast years as well. The benefits such as high switching speeds and higher efficiency are some key factors driving the growth of high power IGBT segment in the global IGBT market.
End User Segment
On the basis of different approaches the market has been classified on the basis of end user namely consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation, and aerospace. The consumer electronics segment in the global IGBT (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) market has hit highest market value and will solidify growth in future. Because IGBT has high voltage and high current characteristics, the IGBT is largely used in the consumer electronics segment.
The North American region appears to be the highest shareholder in the global IGBT market in terms of revenue, cash flow, and high quality development areas in the regions. North America has retained the highest revenue in the market due to more public and private funding, presence of high-tech firms, and research institutes facilitating faster innovation in the IGBT. Also, the APAC is generating better revenue compared to previous years in the market due to increasing demand for IGBT and establishment of industrial and commercial firms in the region.